Site Poll: How many cups of coffee do you drink a day on average?

How many cups of coffee do you drink a day (average)?

• Total voters

xRitalin

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I use to drink around 14 cups of strong black coffee (1/4 full of coffee) -> pure 100% arbica coffee... taken off shity meds nao so i only take around 6-8 now..

I would drink the equivalent of 15 shots, either as doppios or ristrettos. On top of that I drink around 1 litre of Japanese green tea a day. No problem sleeping, no problem with da shakes! Think my body has just got so used to caffeine intake that it really no longer has an effect. BTW, when I go without tea and coffee for a week or two, which has been known to happen for a variety of oftemn bizzare reasons that I will not go into, I dont have any withdrawal symptoms either. Thinking of donating my body to science when I go up to the pearly gates (or down to the fiery furnace:decaf:)

iluvink

Oct 27, 2003
Visit site
Work days, a pot in the a.m., and a pot in the p.m., but that's work coffee, which is free, and really not that great (but I am cheap). At home, about 4 to 5 cups, depending, but that's the good stuff.

MajesticChoice

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Just curious...did it take long (for any posters) to work up to three or four cups of coffee a day? Or was it more of an instant "thing"? I've always imagined people must start off the same way as with cigarettes (social) and then became more of a preferred habit.

CoffeeGeek

Dec 25, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Visit site
generally, it's only one in the morning...one cup with 3 shots of expresso, but very occassionaly, if I'm out, I might take another cup if I feel tempted, but I do stick to just one a day, and then it's tea!

Zecryphon

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I average 3-4 cups of coffee a day. But I only drink decaf. The regular coffee just adds to the anxiety I already have and I don't need to add to that. I do try to drink a cup of water in between cups of coffee so I don't dehydrate. I use a Mini-Keurig Plus coffee machine, ground coffee beans from Starbucks or the gourmet section of the supermarket, I do have a local coffee roaster in a nearby airpark that I'm going to check out. I also use an Eko Brew replacement K-Cup filter. This set up is working good but not great as Starbucks ground my last two bags too fine and I'm getting too much sediment in my coffee cups. Thinking of buying my own conical burr grinder, but might go manual on it, because I can't afford the electric ones.

theperfectcoffeecup

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I generally have a few cups in the morning and it's either Cafe Bustelo or the local barista shop - Etcetera - has flavor called, Organic Love Buzz, which is incredible. As always black is the color of my coffee. I have a samll GE Coffeemaker with a mesh filter that works great with the Cafe Bustelo. Actually I can feel the craving now.....

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
2-3 cups is standard -- 2 in the morning, one late in the day or at night (coffee doesn't keep me awake but a cup of hot tea wires me for hours, not sure why though).

If if it is a day I am roasting then I'm drinking coffee all day long. If I roast 4 batches in a day I'd probably drink all or parts of 20 cups of coffee. Yeah, it's bad. With a new batch I drink it black, then with cream, then with cream and sugar, and both hot and warm and cold. And since I live in Ireland where most folk put milk in their coffee I also test it with milk and with milk and sugar. So that's 5 different ways of testing per roast.