The Used Roasters

Coffeemeplease

Nov 3, 2012
Miami
Visit site
I did and it does seem good for a sample roaster or even some light commercial use but I don't think it looks like a true commercial workhorse roaster. Its still an option though like a plan C lol. Ya and with financing the pros of a new machine are starting to out weigh the cons, the only thing is every manufacturer I've talked to don't have roasters on site, they build the roaster once you purchase it leaving you waiting for a month and a half to two months playing with your thumbs :/

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I don't think 1kg roasters will be much of work horse. But it is clearly good for a starter machine.
I would actually purchase 10kg machine personally but that is me who already has 400-450 pounds of coffee use a month.

If you can, check out the machines with Ambex, Diedrich, and probat ... check them out before you make the decision.

Just see what other options you have.... before your fork out few grand or sign your life away....

Coffeemeplease

Nov 3, 2012
Miami
Visit site
Ya I can only hope I get to 400-450 pounds a month! For now I have to settle with a 1 kilo but the way I see it is if the business booms I can always upgrade and still use the 1 kilo for a sample roaster. For specs with ambex, toper, diedrich and even ozturk it's looks like they do about 3-4 full batches an hour and can be ran consecutively for a couple of hours which I hope is fine even if I have to roast every day.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Ya I can only hope I get to 400-450 pounds a month! For now I have to settle with a 1 kilo but the way I see it is if the business booms I can always upgrade and still use the 1 kilo for a sample roaster. For specs with ambex, toper, diedrich and even ozturk it's looks like they do about 3-4 full batches an hour and can be ran consecutively for a couple of hours which I hope is fine even if I have to roast every day.

I was thinking the same... Buy a small machine and if you grow, you can either sell the 1kg or use it as sample machine... you can always upgrade later. And i love having the option to bring my own roaster to the out door event....

Coffeemeplease

Nov 3, 2012
Miami
Visit site
Ya for now a 1 kilo roaster is making the most senseespecially knowing I’m going to be messing around with roasts during the wholelearning process. By the way coffeejunky i was wondering how you liked yoursource for Nicaraguan beans. I was looking on the forum and saw you had triedsome from Matagalpa. My family produces specialty coffee in Nicaragua in the NuevaSegovia area (considered the best region) and I plan on roasting our coffee butalso wanted to try and sell some green coffee on the side was wondering if youwould be interested?

NHcoffee

Jan 3, 2013
New Hampshire
Visit site
Thanks Junky...

The green Diedrich is a good machine. I have talked with him about it and if you like Diedrich's IR, its a great machine.

I've looked at the green Primo online before...and having 2 Primo PRI 35 currently, the pictures show heavy usage despite the claim of being a backup machine. A TON of money for a used Primo! Do not be confused, it is not a Diedrich or a Probat

The red Primo I have an email into...want to know price on this one.

The big issue with these Primo PRI 35 is the pilot and burners. We modified the gas and pilot configuration and then had custom burners made and since (well over 1 million pounds ago), have had not 1 issue. The shrouding inside starts to break down after time and heavy use they will need to be removed and have some areas re-welded. My red has over 1.2 million pounds thru it, trust me I have had it apart a few times..
red mod w black.jpg

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Thanks Junky...

The green Diedrich is a good machine. I have talked with him about it and if you like Diedrich's IR, its a great machine.

I've looked at the green Primo online before...and having 2 Primo PRI 35 currently, the pictures show heavy usage despite the claim of being a backup machine. A TON of money for a used Primo! Do not be confused, it is not a Diedrich or a Probat

The red Primo I have an email into...want to know price on this one.

The big issue with these Primo PRI 35 is the pilot and burners. We modified the gas and pilot configuration and then had custom burners made and since (well over 1 million pounds ago), have had not 1 issue. The shrouding inside starts to break down after time and heavy use they will need to be removed and have some areas re-welded. My red has over 1.2 million pounds thru it, trust me I have had it apart a few times..
View attachment 869

Thanks for your input.... That should help a lot of members to decide .... ;)

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Another Search

Primo Coffee Roaster - Model PRI35

SonoFresco Coffee Roaster

25# Coffee Roaster

Industrial Coffee Grinder coffee grinder

Espresso Truck/Mobile Cafe coffee truck

Commercial Coffee Roasters cheap sonofresco if someone wants home roaster.....

STA Impianti Coffee Roaster Italy

Coffee Roaster (commercial) little over priced....

- NEW - Sonofresco Coffee Roaster 1 lb. + Vent Hood

Coffee Roaster for Sale--$7000 OBO great buy if you are looking for large roaster but dont want to spend alot....

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Another Search.....

Primo Coffee Roaster - Model PRI35 The owner might negotiate. This has been sitting for almost a year...

Coffee Grinder Commercial Mahlkoenig Guatemala good grinder and reasonable price

Commercial Coffee Roaster

Sivetz 30# Coffee Roaster for Sale

coffee roaster very expensive but he might deal since it has been sitting pretty for long time... lol

Coffee Roaster Afterburner also has ambex 10k machine for sale

Commercial Coffee Roaster

Not very many but few good find here....