The Used Roasters

Redswing

May 30, 2013
Northern California
Visit site
I've been in contact with the seller of the used Ozturk 2 Kilo roaster on ebay, and I must advise caution for this listing. The seller is acting really shady, trying to direct conversations outside of ebay, unwilling to talk on the phone, saying he knows pretty much nothing about the roaster. I spoke with the US representative of Ozturk, Dwayne in New York, who knows this particular roaster and the previous (original) owner. The current owner recently contacted Dwayne saying the roaster has problems. There is maybe even some legal action taking place by the current owner against either Dwayne or the previous owner? Not sure on the details, all I know is my bid of $3,400 was mysteriously canceled and the bidding kinda started over again. I want to give the seller the benifit of the doubt, but my instincts say somebody is going to end up with a good size headache if they land this roaster. I hope I am all wrong on this, but feel obligated to share my experience.

Last edited:

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Stay away from the drama. This item was up for sale on ebay for around a year. They were asking 9k before and now its this. Sound pretty fishy to me but then again, someone will get this at great price.

Redswing

May 30, 2013
Northern California
Visit site
Stay away from the drama. This item was up for sale on ebay for around a year. They were asking 9k before and now its this. Sound pretty fishy to me but then again, someone will get this at great price.

as i read on the coffee per website: "It's unwise to pay too much, but it is worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do
that, you will have enough to pay for something better." - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Pbyrd

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to agree with Redswing to advise caution with this roaster. Prior to my recent purchase, I had been scanning ebay for many months and I've seen this same roaster many times . It keeps randomly showing back up on ebay and the listing never stays up very long. Which always seems odd to me. I don't know what the deal is on this roaster but my gut at the time said stay away from it. I could be wrong but just wanted to share what I noticed as well.

Cafeciteaux

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
The pic in the "COFFEE ROASTER" post is the same pic that another user on here has posted of his Diedrich IR-12 in TN. I hope its just a coincidence.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
There is the phone number included on the ad. I would call him and ask. I am just doing the search for the forum. All the information above should be verified by the buyer. But most of the people on the board are very shabby buyers. I am just hoping someone can benefit from this search.

Johns190

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Appreciate the links

There is the phone number included on the ad. I would call him and ask. I am just doing the search for the forum. All the information above should be verified by the buyer. But most of the people on the board are very shabby buyers. I am just hoping someone can benefit from this search.

Thanks for the links CJ. I'm in the market for a used roaster around 15kg. This is useful information.

sea330

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
What kinda Chinese roaster did you buy, and were can it be purchased. Do you need a broker in the States or does the manufacture handle everything. many thanks in advance Rich

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I ended up not buying Chinese Roaster. I just didn't find the need for one yet and also I could not find the reliable source to purchase one. I am still using my home made 5 pound roaster. I do not roast 100 pound a week so this works well for me. It only cost me 250 total to make this unit and I am happy with it. ;)