Auto machine with temp control and grinder

lolomydear

Nov 1, 2019
Washington, DC
Visit site
Hi all! My husband and I have spent the past year learning how to make the perfect cup of coffee possible. Every morning I use my programmable kettle to heat the water to 190 degrees, grind my beans, and use a french press to bloom and then brew the coffee. We both love the way the coffee tastes, but it's a bit time consuming. I have two little kids so mornings are harried enough and I'm looking to simplify as much as possible. I know there are coffee makers that have built in grinders and there are coffee makers that have temperature controls - but is there one that does both? I've googled so much my fingers are gonna fall off and I just can't find what I'm looking for. Does anyone know if this exists? Thanks!

lolomydear

Nov 1, 2019
Washington, DC
Visit site
Yes, I've seen that and it looks very cool, but I don't see temperature control. I like that is has many different strength and grind settings, but I've become very accustomed to a certain water temperature. Thanks!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Thing is there's a reason some things aren't produced with great expectations in mind as in the real world they won't work effectively/efficiently long term. Most temp control setups are lacking compared to doing that manually and built-in grinders are not a great idea as regardless of how the design is, the grinder/coffee is usually affected by heat and humidity from the brew side. My vote would be to get a decent espresso machine that can warm up in a reasonable amount of time, then just grind/extract espresso and dilute a bit to have an Americano.