Barista Training Needed In New Jersey

HD883R

Nov 10, 2004
Visit site
My wife and I are purchasing a small coffee bar and are looking for someone to come in and provide barista training. Though I love and understand a lot about coffee, I never had any formal training. We want someone local, no travel expenses paid. We want to be able to disseminate this knowledge on to our future employees as well.

BaristaTrainer

Oct 18, 2004
Portland, OR
Visit site
Professional Training

Bellissimo Coffee InfoGroup also is available for on-site training, http://www.espresso101.com they have been training and consulting for over a decade!

If you are not wanting to pay travel expenses for a west coast consultant to come on-site, then I would highly recommend attending the American Barista & Coffee School in Portland, OR for a fraction of the price. The school would be a great chance for you and your wife to receive intensive hands on training as well as full coffee business start-up training, while emerging yourself in the NW specialty coffee scene. http://www.coffeeschool.org

PM me for references and please check out the website for scheduling and pricing.

http://www.coffeeforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 7&start=60 here is a post from an existing client of the school and Bellissimo.

Good luck!

BT

HD883R

Nov 10, 2004
Visit site
Thanks!

We're thinking it over in regards to which approach to take. I will be in touch...

Thanks again!

Jon

HD883R

Nov 10, 2004
Visit site
Barista Training Pricing

Can you give me an idea on pricing and is there anyone in the NJ area or does someone have to be flown in from some exotic location? :grin:

Thanks!

BaristaExpress

Dec 21, 2004
Visit site
Barista Training

HD883R, please give these guys a look at..... Besides they are alot closer than anyone yet that has tried to get you to give them a call. Try this link.

http://www.crimsoncup.com/5524.cfm

They are in Columbus, Ohio or just give them a call. 1.888.800.9224, Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST.

Good Luck!

Signed,
Daniel.

BaristaExpress

Dec 21, 2004
Visit site
Sir Andrew Hetzel, You really didn't do anything wrong in what you did (not in my book). I only did what I did, because I have seen a few write-ups on Crimson cup in Bizjournals (in 2002 I think) and what they had done for some local coffee houses their in Columbus and the surrounding area. I even think they had a write-up on them in Fresh Cup magazine (2001-2002). But don't quote me on that. I just know I almost used them as my roaster, but I didn't (don't ask me why). I used Lavazza coffee instead (when I had been in business). I just try to help when and where I can.

Daniel.

deferio

Oct 20, 2004
Visit site
HD883R,
Congradulations...seems to me that you should find someone close to home. We offer hardcore Barista training to wholesale clients with great success. Centered in Up-state w/an outlet in Brooklyn, NY you could stop by and try some espresso w/ relative ease...plus see the cool bottomless portafilters in action. :) Hope this does not sound forward...but the origonal post seemed like a request for solicitation.

May your coffee be deep,
-CD

BaristaTrainer

Oct 18, 2004
Portland, OR
Visit site
Chris would be a great choice if you are looking for someone close to home. He is a solid trianer and a great guy ... At the same time, I wouldn't limit yourself based on your location only. You should feel comfortable with who you work with and look at what added value you will receieve depending on the consultants experience.

true "hardcore" barista training :) You will find both Deferio and myself instructing in the newest advanced barista training and latte art video by bellissimo to be released at coffee fest chicago.

(Chris I will send you an advanced copy as soon as they come off production)

Good luck Daniel!

BT

deferio

Oct 20, 2004
Visit site
A little off topic....but does is this really suposed to be a coffee bean?
It looks like it should be saying
:lol: Help I'm a Rock!
Thats for the Zappa fans out there.
-CD

jpscoffee

Nov 3, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
deferio said:
A little off topic....but does is this really suposed to be a coffee bean?
It looks like it should be saying
:lol: Help I'm a Rock!
Thats for the Zappa fans out there.
-CD

Finally, someone put in words what my brain was trying to tell me (I laughed out loud on your comment, CD!)