Busy?

Actually I do truly miss the four seasons. In my home town, Wellington- New Zealand- often we got 4 seasons in one day! The green in nice- I have to say I never thought there were so many shades and textures of green. One of my favourite trips is doing Java by train- the trip from Jakarta to Bandung- or to Yogyakarta goes through miles and miles of sawah (rice fields) and accross some breath taking mountain passes. All the way you see- green, green and more green! The coffee growing areas are a wee bit different- there you also get smokey, hazey blues.

LiftOff

Nov 3, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
Beautiful greens in that shot Alun! A huge difference to the browns and tans that dominate my part of the world!

We are getting mid 30's for lows and in the 70's for our highs.

I am very keen on making a trip Stateside next year and would like to visit as many of the regular Coffeeforum posters as possible. I know everyone is busy 24/7, but generally what are the quieter months- for roasters and retailers? Reciprocal visiting rights are of course guaranteed...as I always say, anyone willing to make the trip over here just let me know- will arrange a tour to suit your requirements! Cheers, AE

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Well it's time for me to wake up from the dead :twisted: How the hell is everybody...I'm back again...Man what a busy year it has been. Did some traveling, met new people, lost some weight, created a few new blends, just about the only thing I haven't done yet is how to figure out world peace. I missed you all :D Hey A.E. that was a wonderful photo you attached here, there wouldn't be a golf course connected to that would it :wink: In any case just thought I'd chime in...

Hey, hey CG, good to see you back. No golf course in the line of sight of this picture, but there are three big ones about 5km from where I took this shot. Its a beautiful irony of Indonesia...the kampung/village is quite often not that far from the new developments. Do I sense a hint of a budding golfer in your posting??? AE :)

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Well I've been know to hack at the ball every now and then. In fact there's a nice little course about 5 minutes from my office. :p Yeah I'm back but don't know for how long, it's been a pretty busy year for us. I still keep an eye on the postings now and then, just thought I'd drop a line or two. Didn't want everyone to think I was dead :wink:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
coffee guy!!! Glad to hear things are going well for you!! By the way I get to knock some wee white balls next year...taking a trip to Scotland!! Oh well good to see you back!!