Calling All Shop Owners

Timbo

Aug 5, 2006
Visit site
Although I’m not a shop owner I bought a Café Roaster from Monster 2 years ago and have been extremely happy with it. Looks like Sonofresco is still selling them, albeit with a different name. I researched the heck out of roasters and, IMHO, if you really want to add roasting to your shop it’s got some distinct advantages. First, the initial investment is substantially lower than any other roaster I found. Second, because of its size it is easy to install and use. When you get above 3 pound batches your roaster needs to have smoke arrestors, or so I’ve been told. The Café simply needs to be hooded and vented. Also, its footprint is pretty small. Third, because of the batch size you can control your inventory more tightly. It’s not unreasonable to foresee roasting on demand, with customers requesting a certain roast profile and blend. Fourth, it’s pretty idiot proof. If an employee can operate a cash register they can operate the Café. While the purists out there will say it’s not really roasting if anyone can do it, the end product is as good as any I’ve ever had. I don’t mean to sound like a commercial, but I’ve been very happy with my Café.

Curious what happened between Monster and Sonofresco?