bvanevery37
Member
- Jun 25, 2026
- 138
- 12
- Thread starter
- #16
I never got anything good out of those Sea Turtle Blend beans. I did manage to demonstrate a preservation effect though. A 3 day difference in bean age was preserved, rather than all jars simply failing equally after nearly 2 months.
It's going to take a more methodical go at it, to prove anything. Most importantly, I need to start from "known good" coffee, that I already know how it's supposed to taste when brewed properly. Not something I am disliking straight out of the bag.
I forgot that I did a "nothing but CO2" control jar, dated July 14, 2026. Today is 17+31+30+3 = 81 days later. Opening the Mason jar carefully so as not to disturb the contents, and striking a match, it snuffed immediately when put below the rim. CO2 itself, stores just fine.
It's going to take a more methodical go at it, to prove anything. Most importantly, I need to start from "known good" coffee, that I already know how it's supposed to taste when brewed properly. Not something I am disliking straight out of the bag.
I forgot that I did a "nothing but CO2" control jar, dated July 14, 2026. Today is 17+31+30+3 = 81 days later. Opening the Mason jar carefully so as not to disturb the contents, and striking a match, it snuffed immediately when put below the rim. CO2 itself, stores just fine.







