Catering Guidelines?

Jakk

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi there! Last October I took over an existing coffee shop in Saskatchewan, Canada. Things have been going very well, and we've been able to increase revenues by 10-15% on average, month/month over the previous year. So I've been busy... :) and haven't popped in much. I'm sorry for that. :(

My question - we have had many requests, most of which I declined because we weren't able to do them *well* but I'm now ready to start considering (cautiously) the catering arm of our business.

Do you have any sources for general guidelines? My questions are such as - if I'm providing, say, a wrap, salad and desert, do I charge the SAME PRICE as "in house" While they are not sitting in house, we still have the cost of supplies (paper plates), transport, etc. DO I CHARGE SAME, LESS, or MORE?

Is the pricing / margin THE SAME FOR FOOD ITEMS AS FOR COFFEE?

FOR SMALLER REQUESTS, AT WHAT POINT DO YOU OFFER 5% OR 10% OFF? Ie if they pre-order 6 muffins/cin buns, or 12 muffins/cin buns? I would suspect I would only offer a discount for advance orders, only because of we've had people walk in and buy all of our muffins - which is great, but then we scramble to re-stock, so I wouldn't think to offer the same discount for "walk ins".

Any advice you can provide or if there is an on - line source for these types of things, that would be much appreciated, thanks!