CAUTION!! SPAM E-MAIL ALL OVER NET!

• Thread starter coffeeloverlisa
  • Start date
Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Gee, I just saw a new one. This place is infested. I think it's a good idea to not open messages from anyone you don't know in here. At least don't click on any of their links.

I got one from freonaer or whatever.. but i also got a weird solicitation via my contact form on my site .. some dude talking about him noticing that i've got a nice site but am ranked real low on google, and he has a $10 ebook about SEO blah blah blah.. it actually irritated me, because I get more hits from organic Google searches than from paid ad's I've got running on FB.

**** I actually went back and re-read the contact email with an open mind and I am so sorry for this post. I at first thought I was actually being spammed by an auto-commenter or some spambot, but the email was written by an actual person with an actual desire to help my site grow, and not from some scam artist.. I didn't even read the whole thing through the first time, but he gives his personal info including web info at the bottom, and boy do I feel like a horses arss. I sincerely apologize to the concerned party.

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
The thing about FB and other social sites is, people don't go there searching for product. They go there to keep in touch with friends & family more than anything. I thought about paid ads on FB and similar sites too. But the fact is, quality clicks come from consumers actually searching for product.

I also receive more visits from Google searches than anything, followed by Yahoo search, etc. Visitors to blogs are not quality visits either, from my experience. They are looking for info, not product.

Best thing you can do is to optimize your site for better hits through search engines. I didn't notice any keywords in your source page. I'm curious what keywords your visitors are using to find your site.

I've got 17 total visits via google since may 17th (the day google first crawled my site)

- Grateful Roast oriented searches from is #1 .. im guessing from people who heard about me and didnt know my web address.
- NEPA Coffee is #2
- and I was happy to see a result from Single Origin Coffee

and the weird "how to roast aleta wondo coffee" and "when to use grateful" turned up in results.

I know that 17 visits is nothing, and I know nothing about SEO other than ranking gets better with time... maybe it would be a good investment?

Thanks Ed

-------------

**** I actually went back and re-read the contact email with an open mind and I am so sorry for this post. I at first thought I was actually being spammed by an auto-commenter or some spambot, but the email was written by an actual person with an actual desire to help my site grow, and not from some scam artist.. I didn't even read the whole thing through the first time, but he gives his personal info including web info at the bottom, and boy do I feel like a horses arss. I sincerely apologize to the concerned party.

C

coffeeloverlisa

Here's an even creepier one.

A friend of mine (biz not personal) has an e-mail hacker who is sending e-mails spamming to buy electronics via hotmail. Yuck.

Today I get one from him apologizing for the spam but... buy this this this and this... more spam.

Yuck x 10000.