Choosing between espresso grinders.

Kjfarrow1986

Aug 17, 2021
USA
Hello!
Please help me choose between these "entry" level espresso grinders: The Bodum Bistro Electric and the Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind. I read the review on both, and the Cuisinart is highly rated on multiple websites include Amazon. The only thing that I am hearing is that it does not last, and people are running into issues. It is the cheaper of the two, but I am willing to spend the extra money, if the Bodum is that much better and reliable.

Thanks in Advance,

Kevin

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Honestly neither of those will really cut it for decent espresso range grinding. Ignore most Amazon reviews as majority of them are a promotional joke at best. That Cuisinart is a waste that crushes at high RPM and leaves dust/boulders and a ton of static. Never used the Bodum, but haven't read much positive about it. For that price range I can recommend the Capresso Infinity. It doesn't have a lot of usable fine grind range, but it's doable. What machine do you use? If your machine has a pressurized system it won't require a great grind quality, which is pretty much what that sort of thing is designed for. If you're OK with a hands-on approach you can find a decent manual grinder for not a lot more expense.