Cleaning Question

Noonievut

Aug 30, 2006
Canada
Visit site
I've read somewhere that every 50-100 shots you should clean the group head/screen, handle and baskets with a cleaning agent (i.e. Ascor Detergent). When I make espresso at home I rinse the handle and basket in hot water and towel dry everytime. I also wipe the outside of the group head/screen with a wet cloth and also wipe dry (and also prime next time).

My first question is should I be washing the handle and basket with dawn/palmolive each time, or is my hot water fine? Second, is dish soap fine after the 50-100 shots, on the group head/screen...or do you really need a special cleaning agent?

I love keeping things clean so if you have any other sites to recommend about cleaning, please pass along.

Thanks.

Augh, yes follow TOPHERS link...normal dish soaps can't disolve coffee oil very well. Puro caff, and the like are specifically designed to clean coffee oils and residue. They all have to be rinsed fully and rinsed some more. also you must pull a shot and through it away after cleaning or backflushing.

Alex_chef2000

Nov 13, 2005
Querétaro, Mexico
Visit site
Hi there, in a home machine is not recommended to backflush with any detergent, first check if your machine has a 3 way valve for backflushing.

NEVER use any soap for your machine, you may use Oxi-clean for that and rinse well everytime.

Check your manuals about how can you clean your machine, or cantact a rep.

Regards from Mexico,

Alex.:

Loubrit

Sep 29, 2006
West Midlands UK
Visit site
After years of trial and error i have found the best way to clean and descale my Gaggia and i would kike to share my finds with all my coffee loving friends

its called...........durgol®

I have contacted the UK distributer and now are pleased to offer this product worldwide via my ebay shop

[address removed by moderator]

Coffee forums members will recieve 10% Off there order, just drop me a message before you purchase