Coffee Forums Site Upgrade

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
We have upgraded Coffee Forums to an entire new platform that offers many new features and much better support in the future. Unfortunately the old site was running on software that was no longer supported.

The new forum is built from the ground up to fully support mobile devices and provide a much better viewing experience. We've also moved the site to a faster server and it's running on HTTPS for better security.

We've done our best to keep a similar look and feel as the old site. If there is something you are missing from the old site or you are having problems, please let us know! It will take us a few days to iron out all of the bugs.

Thanks!
Coffee Forums Staff

Last edited:

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Just my 2 cents after a few days of use... I have to do a LOT of scrolling to get to content on this new site. Often a single-line post may take up the whole screen. Especially when the user has populated the data that shows up on the left side of the screen.

For example... the only thing I'm trying to read on this is highlighted in red - it takes up what 5% of my screen?

The old pinned topics should be reviewed for relevance as well.

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 11.29.05 AM.png

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Just my 2 cents after a few days of use... I have to do a LOT of scrolling to get to content on this new site. Often a single-line post may take up the whole screen. Especially when the user has populated the data that shows up on the left side of the screen.

For example... the only thing I'm trying to read on this is highlighted in red - it takes up what 5% of my screen?

The old pinned topics should be reviewed for relevance as well.

View attachment 10991

Yeah, I see what you mean. I personally like seeing all of the user stats below the avatar. Let me do some research and see if there is a better solution to make it more compact.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Sorry, we will no longer be supporting Tapatalk.
I understand that Tapatalk was convenient for people to use, but I'm glad we're no longer supporting it. The Tapatalk signature line that was automatically appearing at the bottom of people's posts to the Coffee Forum was very annoying. Now, I won't need to send them a message with the instructions on how to turn it off.

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
I understand that Tapatalk was convenient for people to use, but I'm glad we're no longer supporting it. The Tapatalk signature line that was automatically appearing at the bottom of people's posts to the Coffee Forum was very annoying. Now, I won't need to send them a message with the instructions on how to turn it off.

That's good. It was tough to keep up with the upgrades and we had some security concerns using it going forward. Not to mention, this forum software is so much better on a mobile device we felt there wasn't a need for it.

Steven M. McDaniel

Sep 8, 2021
Seattle, WA
Visit site
We have upgraded Coffee Forums to an entire new platform that offers many new features and much better support in the future. Unfortunately the old site was running on software that was no longer supported.

The new forum is built from the ground up to fully support mobile devices and provide a much better viewing experience. We've also moved the site to a faster server and it's running on HTTPS for better security.

We've done our best to keep a similar look and feel as the old site. If there is something you are missing from the old site or you are having problems, please let us know! It will take us a few days to iron out all of the bugs.

Thanks!
Coffee Forums Staff
Looks beautiful, thanks.

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Can we put it on Tapatalk so I can use it
The new software is mobile-friendly and will automatically enable a mobile theme when you visit the site from your phone or tablet. It's also much more secure than a third-party app like Tapatalk.