Coffee Shop Business Plans

Jaycamp

Dec 17, 2015
Blowing Rock NC
Visit site
Lots of good info here. One thing I would add would be to go to a trade show like "Coffeefest". And pay for the siminars and workshops. Went to Portlands gig this year and learned lots of great info I wish I had heard 5 years ago before I opened my coffee house.

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
Building a coffeeshop ? Been there done that.

Build a business plan. Double what you plan to spend. If you can't, you surely will be undercapitalized.
Best case, worst case, most likely scenarios. You need to be able to survive the worst case scenario.
Location, location, location.

After all your blood sweat and tears, most operating coffeeshops are worth about $50 - $80 k

bhunt00002

Feb 8, 2017
Louisiana
Visit site
I am attempting to write a business plan for my coffee truck. I am possible missing some supplies. Can someone give me a general idea of how many cups and lids to order? and a possible printing company that has the cups and lids and also what is the cup called to steam the milk? and how many of those do I need?

haoyan

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
:coffee1::coffeemug::coffeecup:

empeg9000

Jul 15, 2014
East Greenbush, NY
Visit site
I am attempting to write a business plan for my coffee truck. I am possible missing some supplies. Can someone give me a general idea of how many cups and lids to order? and a possible printing company that has the cups and lids and also what is the cup called to steam the milk? and how many of those do I need?
Cups generally come in boxes of 1000 so I would get one or two boxes to start for your first month. I would do the same with lids. I would not bother with printed cups. Unless you are buying ~10000 they are pretty pricey. I got printed cups last year and I ended up spending $500-$600 more than I needed for something I don't really think had much of a benefit. As an example, 1000 cups was $240 with my logo for a 10oz cup. 1000 plain cups are $40-100 depending on the quality of the cup. No one really even noticed or cared. That's just my .02 worth.

atiqbd

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Coffee Business Plan comment

Hi Diablo, your content is nice and I liked it. I have found some more related information in other sites.

rachelmnicole

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Lisa,

I also am starting up my first business and it is a mobile coffee shop. One thing I have found useful is taking to other small business owners and taking advantage of free classes from my local community college. Check to see if you have any small business targeted programs in your area. I am in NC and one of the colleges here has a Small Business Center where they offer completely free classes, lectures and one on one help with starting a business!

voltagecoffee

Dec 19, 2019
Visit site
Lisa,

I also am starting up my first business and it is a mobile coffee shop. One thing I have found useful is taking to other small business owners and taking advantage of free classes from my local community college. Check to see if you have any small business targeted programs in your area. I am in NC and one of the colleges here has a Small Business Center where they offer completely free classes, lectures and one on one help with starting a business!

2nd this. Also, a chamber of commerce can be very helpful when first starting out.