Coffee Shop Business Plans

CupAd

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
If you want to get data for FREE for your business plan you should go to a college university near your location.

Most college universities have public computers. Their public computers have access to private data bases that the university pays big $$$$ for. Take advantage of it.

CupAd

CoffeENgineer

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
One area of my business plan that I am hung up on is finding a good point of sale system. I have heard that coffee house manger does a pretty good job, however about a month ago I discovered a system called Own point of sale what are your thoughts on this system?

Nomolos

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
cssharkey -

Who was this company that you're talking about? Im looking at a couple for the Bplan websites, so I can get a good outline for my bplan. I'd hate to have the same thing happen, although if you got your money back I guess thats not such a bad thing. Just more hassell....

Thanks

AWarren87

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I am interested in starting a coffee shop in richmond va. And have gotten a lot of help from the Womens Business Association. They are nationwide and offer a business planning class that i have found really helpful, amongst other classes and free business counseling. There are affordable, helpful resources out there!

Jhebert1974

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but my sister and I are looking at opening a coffeehouse and we are going to need some sort of consultants to help us out. We have been talking to the people at CrimsonCup and the people at Bellissimo. My question is, has anyone had any experience with either one of them and if so was it pleasant. We are putting alot of our "eggs in this basket" and really do not want to get scammed or to fail at this venture. ant advice would be greatly appreciated.

onunez55

Jul 27, 2011
Woodside, California
Visit site
Jherbert1974,

To tie in both the original thread and your question...I've written about 3 different business plans with 3 different market segments and have approached them all with a pre/post-mortem mentality. With the mindset of figuring where my business can fail and how can I try and combat it. I've also found other coffee shop owners, importers/brokers and the like to be very open about how they started their business and what problems arose and how they tackled those issues. You will soon realize that other shops are more than willing to give advice that is useful and FREE. It's like paying it forward. Plus it doesn't hurt to have some prior experience in the retail/customer service/food industry fields. Anyway, my 2 cents. And good luck on your new venture. I'd love to hear how you're doing once open.

Lucy1736

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
[h=2]New Business Opportunity for me and I need help...please.[/h]
SO overwhelmed at all of the information and I am desperatley searching for start-up lists/costs/projections. I was into about page 14 of 100 pages of my business plan. Now an opportunty has arrived with an investor and I need numbers for him in a VERY short time. I have not started with my numbers and the internet has everything buried so deep (plus the ineptness of the keyboarder) that I am getting nowhere fast. I understand the importance of getting through the business plan experience which will provide necessary knowledge and will continue with the process. I do not want to miss this opportunity for possible financing. I will open a coffee shop/deli with drive thru in WI which has a seating capacity of 60 including outdoor seating for another 20.
ANY information is so appreciated and I thnak you in advance for your insight! Lucy​

BrowenHarley

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
If you plan your coffee shop business than you have to start your business using some latest technology. Now a days latest technology is POS system it is mange your business. You have to just setup this system related to your business.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Nice first post, harborlight. Has nothing to do with business plans and everything to do with hawking your product from your very first post. Can I give you my credit card number in this thread, too?