Coffee trailer licensing?

Kysalaz

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm having a hard time finding out what kind of licensing I need. I don't plan on selling anything but drinks. Other than a business and selling license what kind of licensing do I need for coffee trailer? I'm looking to get licensed in both New Mexico and Colorado, I plan on bouncing back and fourth because my town is only a half hour from a tourist hotspot in Colorado. I haven't found information for a coffee truck and I read that since coffee trucks won't be preparing food the licensing is different. Can anyone tell me where to go to find out information? Will a court house be able to help?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
It sounds like you're basically located in New Mexico. Start asking questions at the local municipality where you'll be situating your coffee trailer.(your home base). The township clerk's office, where you'll be getting your business registration, is a good place to start. They can tell you what you need to do.

Then after you jump through all of their hoops, then you'll be ready to deal with the town in Colorado where you also plan to operate. Because you're from out of state, they may have some very different hoops that you'll need to jump through.

Keep careful records of what you did and who you talked to, especially when you cross state lines.

Good luck.
Rose