competitive strategies in coffee industry

edenspring

Jan 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi guys,
I'm raising this question because I browsed the net and couldn't find anything related to this topic. I am actually doing a research on the coffee industry and I would like to know what are the coffee industry competitive strategies and how they are shaped and influenced by human resources.

Thanks

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
I think that you'll need to be more specific in order to get an answer with any meaning. For example, you say "coffee industry," do you mean growing, processing, roasting, retailing (out of home consumption or in-home) or something else? By competitive strategies, do you mean by a specific company or some group?

Also, what do you mean by "human resources?" More definition will be helpful here, as well.

Write back with more detail and I believe that you will receive better responses... it is also helpful to include the reason "why" you are requesting the information.

Best,

Andrew

imonlyfamous

Dec 2, 2006
Visit site
Wow, your post sounds like an essay prompt!

I'd suggest going another level deeper than "coffee industry," because (as already pointed out in the above post) there are a variety of fields within the industry that all operate differently. If you are using this to answer an essay prompt, it'd probably be easiest if you looked at beans on a global scale and how large companies acquire them and their relationships to foreign governments.