Cost per Drink

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
Do you have any drinks you charge so much for people won't buy - the cost of product is just so high? Just curious...I have a good group of customers that buy my cappucine toffee coffee drink, but its running me $2 a drink and I charge $4.25.....that margin bites....and I don't feel like I can raise it much.

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
Powder Blended Drinks and

Well the hot drinks aren't that bad, but the cold one's are killers;

I use mocafe wild tribe which costs around $13.00 per can and has 48 ounces per can. It requires 6 ounces to make a 24 ounce drink...simply add milk and ice to that;

$13.00 / 8 drinks is $1.625 per drink. Milk costs are nominal at 6 ounces of milk but add cup, lid and whip and I'm easily over $1.8 and if I raise my price over $4 I'm over market in my region? I'm at nearly 50% on this item

ElPugDiablo

I went to mocafe's web site and saw a Wild Tribe Moka. Is this what you are using? While I've never try it, it looks like some sort of chocolate and coffee powder. Have you try to replicate the taste using chocolate syrup, espresso shots and milk/yogurt/ice cream? To start out, you might want to consider making your own chocolate sauce. Buy any high quality semi-sweet, or dark chocolate such as Gheradelli or Guittard and melt it with hot milk to a thick syrup consistency. I go through enough that I buy the 10 pound block, but you can start out buying them at Costco type places at about $2.20 a pound. For a super rich chocolate drink, you need no more than 6 oz (my guess is less) per 24 oz drink which will cost you $0.83. Added two shots of espresso at about $0.20, 6 oz milk at about $0.18, cup, lid...another $0.20, you are at $1.41.

Also, at 24 oz, over $4.00 is not unreasonable. I'm in Connecticut, my 20 oz blender drinks are over $4.00, they are similiar to Starbucks' prices.

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
wild tribe is our dark mocha

Yes wild tribe mocha from mocafe is the dark mocha "frap" type of product we use. It does not require espresso because it does have a coffee base - very few people ask us to add espresso to this drink.

For white we use a cappucine product which requires the addition of espresso.

I've never been able to mirror the taste of these products without another similar product like bigtrain - which has the same cost base.

$3.95 is what we charge for a 24 ounce drink....and its lower then starbucks but consistent with baskin robins, and other competitors in our market