Describe your Coffee in one word?

languagelady

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
But what coffee?

When I see a description of your coffee as Excellent! or Awesome! or Fantastic! I immediately want to know:
What coffee exactly are you talking about? I'm looking for something that has the old-fashioned coffee taste and aroma and no bitterness.Many years ago, I drank 8 o'clock Bokar and liked it black. Most coffee now, to me, tastes like hot brown water so I add honey and a little milk to give it some flavor. I know what you're thinking. I'm old and I've lost my sense of smell and taste. Still, I'm searching. I use a coffee press and recent tries include Green Mountain Nantucket Blend and Newman's Own Special Blend (medium roast). I've been all around the supermarket free trade and other coffees as well as Whole Foods and other health store offerings. My next step is to drive to Portland, Maine (an hour or so from me) and visit the Coffee By Design Origins coffee shop in their warehouse and taste a few.
Your suggestions for the best-tasting coffee?

JumpinJakJava

Dec 12, 2011
Thomaston, CT
Visit site
Your suggestions for the best-tasting coffee?

I would suggest getting to know any local coffee roasters. You will get fresh roasted coffee, and be able to determine what
coffees you like. Characteristics and degree of roast you prefer. Hope Portland, ME is not too far of a drive.

While you are in Portland, please consider this Cafe/Roastery Tandem Coffee Roasters
The owner Willie Pratt grew up in our area in CT. Great guy!

janry

Dec 16, 2013
Nashville, TN
Visit site
I'm looking for something that has the old-fashioned coffee taste and aroma and no bitterness.Many years ago, I drank 8 o'clock Bokar and liked it black. Most coffee now, to me, tastes like hot brown water so I add honey and a little milk to give it some flavor. I know what you're thinking. I'm old and I've lost my sense of smell and taste. Still, I'm searching.

I do understand what you are talking about and I've been in the same boat. So many of our local roasters tend to favor bright coffees and that just isn't what I favor. Lately, I been leaning towards South American Coffee. One of our local roasters currently has Daterra Farms Sweet Blue Blend (Brazil) and I really like it. You might also try Eight O'clock's Columbian Peaks blend. To me, it comes close to what I remember in my younger days though somewhat naturally sweet. In fact, a lot of Columbian coffee is close to what I like.

The good thing about Whole Foods here is they carry coffee from a lot of our local roasters as well as having freshly roasted beans that you can buy in small quantities. However, most of what they have seems of poor quality and/or poorly roasted.

Last edited:

languagelady

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Still, dear forum members, I wonder what brand/type of coffee you are describing as:
exceptional?
enjoyable?
satisfying?
awesome?
miraculous?
tasty?
delicious?
I'm looking specifics. I've been searching for a really good, old-fashioned coffee that I can call satisfying, enjoyable, delicious etc. etc.