Do You Know What is Roast?

Mrwhite58

May 7, 2021
Visit site
hey dear friend

roasting brings out the aroma and flavor that is locked inside the green coffee beans.beans are stored green,a state in which they can be kept without loss of quality or taste. a green bean has none of the characteristics of a roasted bean its soft and spongy to the bite and smells grassy.

so we have 4 model of roasts

Light roasts:coffeemug:

Light brown in color, this roast is generally preferred for milder coffee varieties. There will be no oil on the surface of these beans because they are not roasted long enough for the oils to break through to the surface.

• Light City
  • Half City
  • Cinnamon

Medium roasts:coffeemug:

This roast is medium brown in color with a stronger flavor and a non-oily surface. It’s often referred to as the American roast because it is generally preferred in the United States.

• City
  • American
  • Breakfast

Medium dark roasts:coffeemug:

Rich, dark color, this roast has some oil on the surface and with a slight bittersweet aftertaste.

• Full City

Dark roasts:coffeemug:

This roast produces shiny black beans with an oily surface and a pronounced bitterness. The darker the roast, the less acidity will be found in the coffee beverage. Dark roast coffees run from slightly dark to charred, and the names are often used interchangeably – be sure to check your beans before you buy them!

• High
  • Continental
  • New Orleans
  • European
  • Espresso
  • Viennese
  • Italian
  • French

Thanks For See This Page This Is Plesure To Give You Guys Some Advices About Coffee And Starboxes :check:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
How can you say that green coffee is soft an mushy? If you try and bite a green bean you will probably break a tooth. I had a guest come in and pick up a green bean. I said don't be tempted to bite it because you'll probably break a tooth. 2 weeks later he came in again. He picked up a green bean and bit it. He walked outside and made a phone call. He returns and says he has an appointment in 30 minutes at the dentist. He really broke a tooth on the bean. I laughed and said "rich people"! It would have taken me weeks to get into a dentist!!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
How can you say that green coffee is soft an mushy? If you try and bite a green bean you will probably break a tooth. I had a guest come in and pick up a green bean. I said don't be tempted to bite it because you'll probably break a tooth. 2 weeks later he came in again. He picked up a green bean and bit it. He walked outside and made a phone call. He returns and says he has an appointment in 30 minutes at the dentist. He really broke a tooth on the bean. I laughed and said "rich people"! It would have taken me weeks to get into a dentist!!

Wow! That was a classic "I told you so" story.

It's hard to understand why a person would want to bite into a green coffee bean, especially after being warned that it will break a tooth. I bet you were walking around laughing all day after that happened.

I wonder if the guy was able to get a quick appointment because the dentist had a cancellation. A broken tooth is considered a dental emergency, so if you ever break a tooth, maybe you'll have a chance of getting a same-day appointment, too.

I'm sure you won't be breaking a tooth by biting on a green coffee bean, that's for sure.

:razz:

The original poster said:
"beans are stored green,a state in which they can be kept without loss of quality or taste."
That is simply not true.
Green coffee deteriorates with age.
Good storage habits will slow the deterioration.
Brief definition of good storage habits:
1. Low humidity.
2. Cool room temperature (not refrigerated nor freezing).
3. Keep in as dark as place as possible.
Here is a lengthy description about good green storage habits:
https://ictcoffee.com/how-to-properly-store-your-green-coffee-beans-before-roasting/