FrancisFrancis X5 issue

stellasturm

Nov 5, 2007
Visit site
hello all,
I''ve been happy with the X5 gifted to me about 11 months ago. Starting a few weeks ago, the machine began to be noisier when I''d activate the milk steamer function but aside from this, it''s been smooth sailing and suiting me.
However, I just had the experience of having it explode and wanted to post to see if anyone else has had this experience. The clock blew out, one of the indicator bulbs blew off (I still can''t find it) and more alarmingly the entire steel top lifted off with the bolts and screws holdingjavascript:emoticon('':shock:''). I had stepped out onto my deck for 30 seconds before I heard a big \"bang\" and came in immediately. I didn''t somehow appreciate exactly the gravity of what had happened until after I turned off the machine and unplugged it.

um, is it possible that the machine just breathed its last or could it possibly be a fixer? Anyone else have this issue? I''ve written FrancisFrancis Customer Service to report and inquire.

Juan Valdez

Nov 1, 2007
Visit site
Very scary! You could have put your eye out!

I don't have this machine; but this should NEVER happen. All machines (I think) have a safety valve to relieve pressure if something goes wrong.

My guess is that your boiler was defective and burst.

I think, at the very least, you're due a new machine. But after that experience I don't know if I'd want one.

JV

ericwuchina

Dec 25, 2007
Guangzhou, China
Visit site
it is easy to generate scale in the boiler and the valve block, if the boiler cound''t retrieve the pressure...........

it is very dangerious.

So, it is necessary to descale after every 200 cups (maybe, I don''t know exactly) coffee has been done.