Gas not going to my Diedrich IR-12 burners

DCR

Mar 22, 2019
Visit site
I purchased an old (circa 1994) Diedrich IR-12 and just got it hooked up to natural gas. Upon firing it up, the Drum and Blower motors turned on and the pilot light light up no problem, nice big blue flame. The burners will not ignite. I did some trouble shooting and confirmed that the Ignition module is working (I'm getting 25V at PV to MV/PV terminals), the gas line from the valve to the pilot light is working since the pilot is fully lit, I even turned the set screw on the vacuum sensor unit to see that it will shut off the pilot light. So, are the burners not getting gas because the valve is not opening, and if so why is it not opening? or is the gas pressure too low? I was told it is at 7 W.C. at the street/meter. If anyone has any info, I would be forever grateful. Thanks, Paul

DCR

Mar 22, 2019
Visit site
I would say the valve is not opening for some reason... 7 WC should be plenty.
Thanks for your response, that's what I am thinking as well. Maybe the high limit switch is "tripped" and therefore not allowing the valve to open. I am trying to confirm that the gas pressure from the street is maintained at the machine which is 100+ feet from the street. Thanks again.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Thanks for your response, that's what I am thinking as well. Maybe the high limit switch is "tripped" and therefore not allowing the valve to open. I am trying to confirm that the gas pressure from the street is maintained at the machine which is 100+ feet from the street. Thanks again.
I run my USRC 12K at 2-3 WC... I was surprised at how little pressure is required.

Reactions: DCR

DCR

Mar 22, 2019
Visit site
I run my USRC 12K at 2-3 WC... I was surprised at how little pressure is required.
Yes, I am really hoping that it is not a gas pressure issue, from what I have learned gas boosters can be very expensive, as well as switching to propane. Thanks.