Hello everyone!

Gaogaogao

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
New to these forums, and I hope to learn a lot about coffee here.

Im new to making coffee, and I wish to learn everything about it. It seems like theres so much freedom when making coffee, like its your own sandbox, where you can customize it to your liking.

And this is why ive chosen the topic of espresso preperation for a semester long project that seniors in high school have to do in my area in order to graduate. This means ill have lots of questions!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 14, 2010
Coffee Country, USA
Visit site
New to these forums, and I hope to learn a lot about coffee here.

Im new to making coffee, and I wish to learn everything about it. It seems like theres so much freedom when making coffee, like its your own sandbox, where you can customize it to your liking.

And this is why ive chosen the topic of espresso preperation for a semester long project that seniors in high school have to do in my area in order to graduate. This means ill have lots of questions!

Sounds like a fun project, and educational at the same time. Good choice :)

Gaogaogao

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It is a fun project, mainly because we get to do it on anything we want.

However, its a very big project and it requires some interviews (it doesnt matter how, through this forum would be ok). So I would greatly appreciate it if some coffee know-it-all could answer some questions I have.

Or if theres some topic where you ask questions and get answers, please direct me there. But from what ive seen, the different boards on this site are more specific than how broad my questions are. So I cant really ask all my quetions in one place, which I would prefer for the "interviews" sake.

Randy G.

May 8, 2008
California
Visit site
Interesting project indeed. I would humbly suggest that:
1 - take a look at my website (link below in the sig)
2 - feel free to contact me
3 - I was a teacher for 20 years (still am in some ways).
4 - I use to assign big projects! ;-)
5 - I was also the owner/editor/publisher of our community's newspaper for about 12 years or so.
6 - Been roasting my own coffee and making espresso at home for over a decade.

I should be able to help you out... :decaf:
LOOK! That's the smilie I created!
sorry... it's late.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Gaogaogao

Welcome to the coffee forum website! You will find a lot of useful information here. I was pleased to see that you've chosen espresso preparation as your project for school. It is an interesting topic that I'm sure your instructor will enjoy reading. (instead of the usual boring papers that they have to read over and over again each year).

Best of luck,

Rose

Gaogaogao

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Randy G.: Thank you so much! I will most definitely contact you and look at your website. You're making my project so much more easier, you dont even know (well, maybe you do haha). Ill prepare some interview questions to ask and contact you as soon as I can if thats ok? It might be a day or two since I have track and AP classes to worry about too.

tp76: Thank you =D.

PinkRose: Thanks, I can tell theres lots of information here. Espresso preperation seems like a pretty broad subject with so much to learn in my opinion.

Latest posts