Help Please: Many people looking for the WMF Konfig Tool for Various WMF Machines

Affogato

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
My configuration:
Surface Pro
windows 10
Cable "usb B"

everything works perfectly.

What was your original problem?
Ok! Sounds like you have a newer version, my front panel have a "usb header pinout" (google it for image) not a regular usb. Do you know how i would get this to work? have a look at the image, i have the exact same front panel.
$_35.JPG

Affogato

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Ok did some research and came across the service center website for WMF.
KD-Bedarf
There you can find cables etc.
I noticed that they have usb and serial cables, Mins95 got it to work with USB. I think i have an older version of the coffee machie, anybody know how to use the konfigtool on my machine with serial cable?

Affogato

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I have a presto/1400 wmf machine that reached the "30,000 service.." and the touch screen stopped responding?

Sharron! This is what you do, download the konfigtool (its somewhere here on the forum), lift the top lid of the machine (4-6screws) to access the front, depending on whats year your machine was made its either a USB or a pin header usb in the top right corner. Get the necessary cables (pin header to usb or just a standard usb/usb), hook the front of the coffeemachine up to your computer and start the program. This is as far as i got, but you should be able to reset the "30,000 service.." and so on.
I think that if the machine ask for a pin code that it is the current date backwards.. like todays date 190318 will be "180319.." but im not 100% on that one.

Anyone have some input what to do?

**now that i think about it, its maybe rs232/usb or usb/usb?
s-l300.jpg

Last edited:

Kthuen

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

If nothing else works for that error, I think simply setting the date on the maschine a year back would fix it. It did that for the descaling once and it worked.

I have the motherboard without usb. Do anyone know how the data cable should look and where/how to connect it on the motherboard?

Affogato

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

If nothing else works for that error, I think simply setting the date on the maschine a year back would fix it. It did that for the descaling once and it worked.

I have the motherboard without usb. Do anyone know how the data cable should look and where/how to connect it on the motherboard?

THANK YOU!! Setting the date back at the machine worked perfectly :-D
Yes, the data cable is a; "COM1 Header Pinout to RS232" (Its like standard serial cable for a pc motherboard)
cpx102_2p6.gif
You push the black block connector to the coffee motherboard. Then you use a "RS232 to USB cable adapter" to hook it up to your laptop with usb. And this is where im stuck, i have the presto konfigtool but i dont know how to get it to communicate with the coffee machine :(
Someone told me that i have to assign something to the USB?

image1(4)-min.jpegimage2(1)-min.jpeg

Last edited:

Kthuen

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Great. Just what I was missing. Thank you.

There is a PDF manual that comes with the tool, and in it, it states that the cable pinout is not standard? Could that be the reason that it does not work? Or maybe you need a special driver? I know there is a folder with drivers that comes with the tool. Maybe that is the solution.

Best regards
Karsten Thuen

Affogato

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Great. Just what I was missing. Thank you.

There is a PDF manual that comes with the tool, and in it, it states that the cable pinout is not standard? Could that be the reason that it does not work? Or maybe you need a special driver? I know there is a folder with drivers that comes with the tool. Maybe that is the solution.

Best regards
Karsten Thuen

Ok thats probably it then
Please share the PDF manual, so i can have a look at the cable pinout and rearrange them. i dont seem to have it in my konfigtool :/
Do you also have the folder with the drivers? maybe it needs an update
my email is [email protected]

Coffee_Vendor

Mar 8, 2018
Suffolk, UK
Visit site
AB2C59C6-3720-4535-A9B0-58BACD9B8FF2.jpeg I’ve managed to work around most of the other issues by changing date etc to delay the discale error etc, I also change the filter and discale manually but taking the boiler Apart and feeding descaller though the heat eaxhanger coil etc... just can’t get rid of the annoying error massage! ��

Affogato

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
View attachment 9689 I’ve managed to work around most of the other issues by changing date etc to delay the discale error etc, I also change the filter and discale manually but taking the boiler Apart and feeding descaller though the heat eaxhanger coil etc... just can’t get rid of the annoying error massage! ��

Every time my machine ask for descaling, i go to menu and run the descaling program and it disappears. i know some machines do not have that option, its "Locked" so only sservice people can do it. Is that your case or am i missunderstanding?

Latest posts