Home Roasting via Internet

Fresh Roaster

Jun 30, 2006
Visit site
This is what we've got. But this is just for the test phase. We'd want to see how things went before expanding it too much.

Indian Monsoon Malabar AA
Jamaican Blue Mountain
Kauai Estate Reserve
Kona Fancy "Captain Cook"
Puerto Rico Yauco Selecto A and AA
Yemen Mocha Sanani
Nepal Himalayan Washed
Ethiopian Idido Misty Valley Organic DP
La Esperanza San Juan - Nicaragua Cup of Excellence
Ethiopian Harrar Longberry
Ethiopian Yirgachefe - Grade 2
Kenya AA EuroPrep Select and Select +
Tanzania Peaberry A Select Plus
Zambia Estate AA
Celebes Kalossi - Toraja A
Java Government Estate
Papua New Guinea Organic Purosa A
Papua New Guinea "Purosa Estate" AA
Sumatra Mandheling Grade 1 Triple Picked +
Sumatra Mandheling Grade 1 Double Picked
Timor Organic
Costa Rica EP Tres Rios Estate
Guatemala Huehuetenango SHB
Guatemala Antigua Azotea
Mexican Chiapas SHG Jaciento Estate
Mexican Chiapas SHG "Rancho San Francisco Estate"
Nicaragua Matagalpa 18 screen SHG
Panama Boquete SHB
El Salvador SHG Organic "Santa Teresa Estate" RA
Honduras Marcala SHG
Costa Rica SHB "El Tigre"
Guatemala Huehuetenango SHB "Finca Dulce Leonarda"
Brazil Santos 17/18 screen
Brazil Prima Qualita 17/18 screen
Bolivia Organic "Colonial Caranavi"
Colombian Supremo Bucaramanga
Colombian Excelso
Peru SHB Villa Rica
Bolivian Fair Trade Organic
Ethiopian Harrar Fair Trade Organic
Ethiopian Yirgachefe Fair Trade Organic
Guatemala Fair Trade Organic
Mexican Fair Trade Organic
"El Triunfo" Organic HG/EP - East Coast only
Nicaraguan Fair Trade Organic and Org. S/W Decaf
Peru Fair Trade Organic
Sumatra Fair Trade Organic and Org S/W
Papua New Guinea F/T Organic A
Costa Rica F/T Organic
"Guacamayo Arenal" EP/HB
Dominican Republic F/T Organic
El Salvador F/T Organic
Bolivia Shade Grown and Organic
Colombian Organic
Costa Rica Organic
Guatemala Organic
Mexican Organic
Nicaraguan Organic
Papua New Guinea Organic A (Shade Grown - N/C)
Peru Organic
Sumatra Organic
Timor Organic

Decafs – Available in M/C, Natural, and Swiss Water processed.

Brazil
Colombian
Costa Rica
Ethiopia
Guatemala
Java
Kenya
Mexican Natural
FTO Papua New Guinea Purosa A SWP
Sumatra
FTO Premium Espresso Blend SWP Decaf
FTO Cascadia Blend Swiss Water Process
Nicaragua "La Esperanza San Juan"

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
wow you have a pretty large inventory. How big is your warehouse? Must be huge...75 different coffees..do you keep more than one bag of each on hand? I only have about 25-30 different coffees and it eats up so much space!

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
I wasn't going to get involved but if you stop by www.hottopusa.com home users can buy a very professionally designed home roaster. Seeing that there highest end model is still less then $1000 I would consider that in the affordable price range for a good many of our readers.

I had the luxury of speaking with the rep at the SCAA convention for half hour and was thoroughly amazed by how much time and effort they have put in to this little home roaster.

So Fresh Roaster before you go and say a lot of home users would prefer your way of Internet roasting over the popcorn method you may want to look at the alternatives quite a few people are turning too.

Now I was looking at your Fresh Roast system on your website and every time I was interested and was trying go get more information about specifications and other things that tripped my trigger, it seems like you just get side stepped.

Having all the videos are nice but it just seemed like your trying to sell me something that I know nothing about and can't really find any info on unless I have to make that dreaded call!

Fresh Roaster

Jun 30, 2006
Visit site
topher said:
wow you have a pretty large inventory. How big is your warehouse? Must be huge...75 different coffees..do you keep more than one bag of each on hand? I only have about 25-30 different coffees and it eats up so much space!

Although we are based in Key Biscayne, we have a 25,000 sq. ft. facility right down the street from the Annex here in the Bay area. :wink:

But we're not a wholesaler. We're not roasting 132-150 pounds at a time. Just a pound or two. It's low volume, so you don't need 100 bags of one coffee and instead can have 100 bags of 100 different varietals. It's pretty much part of the business plan.

torunroaster

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
Seems to my your just another Roaster selling on the internet. you are providing a little more control over the roast, but in the long run there are hundreds of Internet Coffee Roasters. I have thought about doing something similar, but thought such Small batchs would be a waste of time (in the 1-3 lb) Range, and the amount of time spent would end up being Cost prohibative. If you are just trying to fill in Roasting time on your roaster, finacially I think it would be better to keep with roasting larger batches.
How Much profit can you really make roasting 4-5 lbs/hr?
You might be able to catch a small audiance if you Roasted in Real time and provided a Streaming Video of the Roast, but again, is it really worth the Hassle???

just my 1 cent...

Fresh Roaster

Jun 30, 2006
Visit site
torunroaster said:
Seems to my your just another Roaster selling on the internet. you are providing a little more control over the roast, but in the long run there are hundreds of Internet Coffee Roasters. I have thought about doing something similar, but thought such Small batchs would be a waste of time (in the 1-3 lb) Range, and the amount of time spent would end up being Cost prohibative. If you are just trying to fill in Roasting time on your roaster, finacially I think it would be better to keep with roasting larger batches.
How Much profit can you really make roasting 4-5 lbs/hr?
You might be able to catch a small audiance if you Roasted in Real time and provided a Streaming Video of the Roast, but again, is it really worth the Hassle???

just my 1 cent...

We're not a roaster. We build automated roasters. I don't think anyone selling on the internet will custom roast in such a small quantity so I don't really know what the market will bear. And it is currently in real time and there is also a "roaster cam". :D