How Much Coffee?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Not standardized...true...that is why each person likes a certain coffee or blend...In my opinion you should use a standard measurement...but what do I know :p

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Not to disagree...but

topher, don't you find that even different batchs of the same type and roast of coffee vary? I guess 'cause I'm always trying new and different varieties, blends, and roasts I find I like to titrate each brew according to my own tastes of the moment. Very unscientific and non-reproducible, but works for me....

wulf

Oct 29, 2003
London, UK
Visit site
Re: How much?

tintinet said:
I just titrate by eye, following trial and error, to get the strength I like. Usually works well for me.
Could you expand on how you titrate - last time I did titration was in the school chemistry labs with lots of glass tubing and bunsen burners, and that was some time ago.

Wulf

mdevers

Sep 25, 2007
Visit site
How much coffee

I read that standard measure for drip coffe is 2 Tablespoons per 6 oz water. My decanter holds 60 oz (12 cups marked). That would mean 20 tablespoons of coffe for a pot of coffee. I have never used more than 3-4 and couldn''t even fit 20 oz in the filter basket. What''s up here? Mdevers