Im new

Davec

Oct 18, 2006
Old England (UK)
Visit site
axileon said:
well.. if only there's 4 seasons in singapore... there's only rain n rain and rain.. if not sun and sun and sun..

I love the weather in Singapore, I would happily live out there if I could.

The only thing is the humidity, plays havoc with the electronics

AlisonD

Sep 18, 2007
USA
Visit site
Hey axileon, if it's snow you want to see, I'll ship you some!! We beat a 118 year old record for snow fall this season and it's only March... I am certain we can spare some for you :grin:

axileon

Jan 9, 2008
Visit site
hahah.. well.. the weather in singapore is also been erratic recently... kinda cold and rainy in march when its suppose to be sunny...

i rather you send me some coffee beans!

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
To say it's "only" March in the north is to say that we've got several more heavy snow storms before winter is over.

Nothing unusual about this winter for me. It's still as cold and unpredictable as always..... and my snowblower broke down midseason!

axileon

Jan 9, 2008
Visit site
ic.... you're from england? well i haven been to the states or UK.... too poor to travel all the way there...

living in UK must be pretty expensive right? the sing dollar exchange rate is 3 is to 1.. that means if i go there, every pound i spend is like SGD $3

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Not England, but New England USA, where the economy is sinking.
If you're poor there then you're getting richer by the day (unless you use the dollar) and would do fine here on vacation.
I think you do use the dollar though, but your gov. might give it up soon.

axileon

Jan 9, 2008
Visit site
i c... sorry for the mistake..

americans are known to be enterprising... i'm sure your country will recover soon...

oil is at record high prices.. inflation is so high... everything is so expensive nowadays.. ya.. the dollar is weakening against major currencies.... but i guess things will improve sooner or later...

even though people kept saying asia is not affected, but afterall US is the world largest economy.. sooner or later... asia is going to get the slump.

axileon

Jan 9, 2008
Visit site
well... i guess afterall.. you do love your country?

pardon me for asking... what do you think about the elections so far? your take? just curious..

cos there's been a lot speculations on the next president..

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Do I love my country?
Love is something shared amongst people.
I love people, no matter what part of the world they are in.

For the most part, I feel fortunate to be in a country that allows the many freedoms that it does. If you work hard, you can achieve anything you desire. If you can't work or have no desire to work, there is still a support system in place, paid for by those who can and do.

The elections?
No comment.

Guatemalan Select

Apr 9, 2008
Guatemala
Visit site
Hello from Guatemala

Hello,

Great forum and loads of information to sip and look at.

I am new to the forum. Am starting my import business to the U.S. from Guatemala. Soon offering incredible Guatemalan coffee.....sorry if that sounded too much like a sales pitch. I am not selling yet but expect to start within 3 months. I am diagraming the marketing plan right now. I have the price and shipping worked out. Can''t wait to tell you how it is going.

Jon Hutton

Latest posts