Keep it real: The negatives of owning your own store

wiferichie

May 9, 2017
Visit site
When I wrote this response, I said we'd be open in a few months HAHAHA. So we are NOW opening in a few months. Like 2.5?? We are part of a brand new, fresh from the ground, strip mall of sorts (end cap with a drive thru), and it has literally taken us years longer to get open (due to the mall hitting delay after delay).
I’m just thinking about starting one. Too scared to know if it’s worth it to do it.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
When I wrote this response, I said we'd be open in a few months HAHAHA. So we are NOW opening in a few months. Like 2.5?? We are part of a brand new, fresh from the ground, strip mall of sorts (end cap with a drive thru), and it has literally taken us years longer to get open (due to the mall hitting delay after delay).

Hi wiferichie,

Wow! You've traveled a long road to finally arrive at your grand opening. Congratulations on staying with it and hanging in there. Good luck in the weeks ahead. You're almost there!

~ Rose

wiferichie

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Thank you! It will be strange to actually be done planning and be OPEN. But on the plus side, it gave us time to really fine-tune our business model haha!

Hi wiferichie,

Wow! You've traveled a long road to finally arrive at your grand opening. Congratulations on staying with it and hanging in there. Good luck in the weeks ahead. You're almost there!

~ Rose

MUFFINTOP

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Hey Wiferichie!
So excited for you. I will definitely be there at grand opening or maybe even before and we can meetup over a cup of coffee.