la marzocca scandal

jpscoffee

Nov 3, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I own and operate a LaMarzocco Linea 4group and have for 4 years. Have I had issues? Yes. Have they all been solved satisfactorily? Yes. Do I like the double boiler system? Heck yea! I have also owned 2 LaPavonis, a Rancilio, and an Astra.

There are differences, yes, and service is important (less so if you learn to fix your own). Look at machine, price, service and parts, and try them out at a show. Call references from sales people.

I took a class from ESI (free) and learned maintenance on the LM, the Swift and the Rio. I have done much of my own work (saves money) and have had help from LM (or rather ESI). They were fast, helpful, and go way beyond the extra mile. And I am in the Midwest!!

phaelon56

Sep 25, 2003
Syracuse NY
Visit site
Ditto what Jack said. I took the same training (was only able to fit in one day so I just did La Marzocco training). I'm way the heck over here in the Northeast but still get great support and service from ESI.

Jack made a really important point - learn to service the equipment yourself if you plan to operate a cafe. If you can find a qualified and reliable service tech in your area that's great but there's no substitute for doing your own. We developed a buzzing valve yesterday on a four group FB70. It was probably some gunk that got in the boiler form when I hooked a new water filter up and may not have flushed it for long enough before allowing water back into the machine. It took me all of fifteen minutes early this morning to remove the solenoid/valve assembly and clean it throughly, then re-install. Problem fixed.

I most likely caused the problem myself by screwing up when I changed the cartridge but stuff happens. If I relied ona service tech for a simple fix like that I most likely would have paid a couple hundred $$ including their travel time and waited for a few hours before they arrived. Instead I had the doors open waiting for customers at 6:30 AM and was enjoying my first short cappa of the day! And believe me - this stuff is not complicated if youre patient and have a moderate amount of technical ability.

Pulcinella!

Oct 18, 2004
Visit site
Re: LOL

espressomaniac maniac said all this Funny stuff in the SMALLER light font:

Pulcinella! glad I pissed you off enough to actually post to the forum, welcome aboard. 1st off and foremost, you cannot, will not and don't have the capacity to irritate me what so ever, in fact, I'm glad you are trying to bust my balls, I'm very much up to the challenge and am happy to address your issues.

Oh really? Hmmm.. Seems I busted them enough to get you very excited!

Parts to start out with. The number ONE distributor in the US happens to be my brothers, this is a double edge sword.

A quick reference email to Conti was answered back with a different answer all together, but if you wish to think your brother is number one, thats great.

In order to do this from Conti's standards, it means you must have a very, very extensive parts inventory, currently I'm looking at the 6 figure area from what I've seen he has on hand. It's located in Washington state, and in fact is the equivelant of a crosssection of the conti warehouse, so parts can be rushed out 24/7 no repair tech can use this as an excuse.

Your brother does this much out of his garage? Who are you trying to kid?
Give us all a break from your boring responses.

The way they are put together are very much standard in the insustry and only a rookie would need a manual. Whey these guys that call themselves repair techs cant' handle it is simply showing their lack of skills. Believe me, any local tech that want's to service a conti very much has local US and abroad parts and support for these machines.

Why then is it that you cannot seem to support the two or three machines out there that you have sold?

I'm not going to even address your personal attack about how I "use" the forums, I'm just talking to other people and helping wherever I can, if they happen to be doing what I'm directly handling, yeah, I'll be able to give them further input. I don't care who they buy from, as long as they are buying upon an informed decision, in fact, I tell people to shop around, I want them to know they are getting the best of every world. I'm sorry if I sound commercial, I not only have alot of pasion about this industry, but I am also making a living on it.

I'm glad you did not adress this! Ha your a funny little man!

Anyway, no hard feelings, I'm happy to agree we disagree, I hope this does clarify things and by all means, this industry is evolving, so hearing input, not matter how critical is welcomed.

Ciao, for now....and oh, you should know that I'm just CLOWNING around.
But I suppose that will just zip right over the top of your little opinionated head as well.