Links to buy top espresso beans?

pstam

Jan 7, 2005
China
Visit site
Chinese roasters

Don't be surprised. I clearly know that not every Chinese people roaste coffee, that is true. You can ask.

Sorry, I am not joking any more.

You know, you normally can find the cafe in the street and they use different beans from different roasters.

We had a group of people who are coffeegeeks, and looking around the whole cities for good coffee. And also the people in the coffee indestry join us. So we have all the info. There are some roasters located somewhere and not to the expos, not even have label on their packages. I do not know them, really.

Chris Kay said:
pstam said:
[quote="Alun_evans":1958rmpd]PM me and I will provide you a list of both local Chinese roasters and Expats based in greater China and HK S.A.R.

Come on. I am in this market. Do you really believe I do not know them? For sure, most of them know me very well.

1.5 billion people and you know every roaster in every city??
Wow![/quote:1958rmpd]

Man- you have some attitude problem. I would LOVE to know your credentials in the coffee business. Actually maybe you can give me your real name- as your website does not work its a bit difficult to find out who your really are. Post your name and I will send it to all the no good coffee roasters I know in China...give THEM a chance to refut your claims that Italian Espresso (a certain brand mind you....I smell SPAM here) is better than all the roasters in China. Mate...this is a discussion forum...look up "discussion" in the dictionary.

pstam

Jan 7, 2005
China
Visit site
Alun_evans said:
Man- you have some attitude problem.

Come on, I told you I am not joking any more. OK?

You do not have to tell my name to those roasters. Don't you think so?

If they roaste coffee, they normally have client of coffee shops around. You can let me know which shops using the neans and blends from your favourite roaster, and I can go the shop to have a cup. Don't you think that is easier?

I am looking forward to the info o fthose coffee shops.

Well, to be honest, I don not think you know what you'll be looking for! All your postings to date give me no confidence that you know anything at all about specialty coffee, the extraction process...or what a good espresso blend is. Perhaps, within this statement, is the crux of the problem. Its not the Chinese roasters who are no good!!!!

Chris Kay

Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
pstam said:
Sorry, forgot to say where I am.

It is easy for me to go to the coffee shops in Beijing. Let me know their clients in Beijing.
pstam, i hate to jump in here and with all due respect if all you do is go around cafes and drink coffee it does not necessarily mean you can judge the beans and blends.
Maybe it means China has fantastic coffee rosters but the problem lies with the baristas?
Or it mean you have unusual taste as an individual.
You see most coffee beans come from common countries and there might be different ways to roast them (darker / lighter) i dont agree with the way some people like their coffee roasted but thats my individual taste.
I cant tell someone not to like steak and eggs just because im a vegetarian. I do what i do and its an individual thing.

Now for you to tell Alun that all roasters in China are no good and that all roasters in Italy are good tells me you have no idea.

Youre making some mighty big generalisations.

I would venture to say that some roasters in China probably do just as good a job as some roasters in Italy. In fact the Chinese roaster would provide the average Chinese consumer something the Italian roaster cant. (Freshness) Well freshness does not always mean fantastic coffee.However, old coffee never means fantastic coffee just good coffee.

If i were you id go hunting for a good Chinese roaster and behind the Chinese roasters .
If you continue pretending if its foreign its always better you might as well tossx out your chopsticks and eat with a knife and fork.

pstam

Jan 7, 2005
China
Visit site
Chris Kay said:
pstam said:
Sorry, forgot to say where I am.

It is easy for me to go to the coffee shops in Beijing. Let me know their clients in Beijing.
pstam, i hate to jump in here and with all due respect if all you do is go around cafes and drink coffee it does not necessarily mean you can judge the beans and blends.
Maybe it means China has fantastic coffee rosters but the problem lies with the baristas?
Or it mean you have unusual taste as an individual.
You see most coffee beans come from common countries and there might be different ways to roast them (darker / lighter) i dont agree with the way some people like their coffee roasted but thats my individual taste.
I cant tell someone not to like steak and eggs just because im a vegetarian. I do what i do and its an individual thing.

Now for you to tell Alun that all roasters in China are no good and that all roasters in Italy are good tells me you have no idea.

Youre making some mighty big generalisations.

I would venture to say that some roasters in China probably do just as good a job as some roasters in Italy. In fact the Chinese roaster would provide the average Chinese consumer something the Italian roaster cant. (Freshness) Well freshness does not always mean fantastic coffee.However, old coffee never means fantastic coffee just good coffee.

If i were you id go hunting for a good Chinese roaster and behind the Chinese roasters .
If you continue pretending if its foreign its always better you might as well tossx out your chopsticks and eat with a knife and fork.

Hey, what is wrong?

See my post and anything hurt you, or any other people?

I just said that I did find a coffee shop where I can enjoy a good cup. If you know, let me know and I can go to try. Did you mean that wrong or hurt you?

I do not understand why I feel that I might be ...... if I am not you, if I do not think of your way, if I do not ......!

For such a simple question, do you think I hurt you? By which way and for what? What do you jump to here for? I have no idea, really.

pstam

Jan 7, 2005
China
Visit site
pstam said:
I just said that I did find a coffee shop where I can enjoy a good cup. If you know, let me know and I can go to try. Did you mean that wrong or hurt you?

Sorry, it should be "I did not...", not "I did...".

I suppose I could not edit this post any more, so to make new post.

Chris Kay

Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
pstam, and i think all were saying is that sometimes coffee tasters are given different blends (the big brand coffees and local roasters ) and theyre blindfolded and they dont go with the Illys or the Lavazzas.
sure you can like what you like but have an open mind. Dont follow the brand.

pstam

Jan 7, 2005
China
Visit site
Chris Kay said:
pstam, and i think all were saying is that sometimes coffee tasters are given different blends (the big brand coffees and local roasters ) and theyre blindfolded and they dont go with the Illys or the Lavazzas.
sure you can like what you like but have an open mind. Dont follow the brand.

See what I am saying?

Someone said that there are good roasters in China, or even in Beijing. OK, let me know and I am going to try and taste. Am I right or am I wrong?

If no more comment, let me know. What can I do with them, except a cup?

ddines

Feb 7, 2005
Visit site
My favorite is Schapira's

Hi,

I am new to the business and forum. About 2 years ago I tasted coffee from the Schapira's and fell in love with it. They pick beans very selectively and roast them properly in small batches so you are assured of getting fresh beans (and they pioneered the use of the valve bag). You cannot go wrong with them.

And I agree with the blind taste testing comments - we have found that Schapira's will usually beat the big name guys in real blind tast tests (i.e. not sponsored by one of the entrants).

To make a long story short, I found it hard to find their coffee online, so I started an online business dedicated to selling great coffee and right now I have Schapiras as my only supplier.

ddines

Feb 7, 2005
Visit site
Clarification on shipping of Schapira's

It gets drop shipped to you directly via UPS. The shipment generally arrives in 3-5 days, depending on timing of the order and how far you are from Pine Plains, NY.

Let me know if you have other questions.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
thats o.k. I was just interested in how you guys work it...we are also an online company...but we roast our own...oh well good luck with it.

hanks

Mar 2, 2005
Visit site
Recommended Beans

For my money, you could do no better than single farm mountain grown Costa Rican coffee from Aventura.