McDonald's Premium Coffee

love8me

Jul 5, 2006
Visit site
coffee is ok as long as your in McD.....you're in there for the burgers and not for the coffee so i don't mind the coffee that much :)

cuppED said:
Anyone try it?

Last time I tried it..it was basically MCD's usual bland coffee. But then every store is different I would assume. The best "fast food" coffee I've ever had was at a Baker's Drive Thru in Riverside, CA. (On Main St. next to the 60 Fwy) When I was still living there. Their coffee machine was one of those Nescafe "perfect cup" machines, so the consistancy was always there.

Let us add the cream an sugar is a fact of doing business with a drive through. How many drive-through espresso shops give people one of those little creamer cups and a couple packs of sugar?

When comparing McD coffee keep in mind they are using different suppliers around the country. The McD coffee mpkelley20 loves is Newman's Own Organic, which also is Fair Trade certified. Who'da thunk it? McD with organic fair trade products.

The rest of the coffee around the country is different roasters. Not defending them, just getting the facts straight.

ourcoffeebarn

Nov 8, 2004
Wisconsin
Visit site
Face it 90% of the readers of this forum probably wouldn't go to McyD's for coffee. But most of us are small biz people that like to poke fun at the "Big Guys" and McD's is one of the biggest we can poke fun at!

I like the fact they are trying but why try to please Everyone, stick to fat ladden burgers McD's that is where they made their name not coffee so I say they are just asking for trouble from true "Coffee Forum" types.

illllilllillili

Jan 9, 2007
Visit site
I had to search to find this forum for the SOLE purpose of finding a place to speak out about McDonald's new coffee. First, I am sure most of you never or rarely go to McDonald's for coffee because you had a preconceived bias against it. Second, the only people who would not have liked fresh McDonald's coffee would only be a coffee "hobbiest" in my opinion, not a coffee "drinker" (one who drinks coffee all day normally rather than sodas or other preferred drinks). The only thing that used to be bad about their coffee was lack of quality control guidelines (or any enforcement). Coffee allowed to sit for too long or without knowing for how long, servers who pour cups before the end of brewing hoping to limit waiting time, use of urns which do not guarantee long lasting freshness, and ignorance of grounds contamination are the main reasons I have ever gotten bad coffee from them in the past. In fact, I would go OUT OF MY WAY to get McDonald's coffee over most other. Not being a steak house or a chic latte house doesn't make the coffee below standards of better quality or well known restaurants. I always found the quality to be at the TOP of the line, equal to most donut shops, and even Waffle House, (not found in all states and excellent coffee although theirs goes bad quicker than most). One step below them to my liking was Starbucks mild (regular) coffee blend. You can knock down any coffee that isn't strong enough to patch a tire with all you want, but if that is your preference, I challenge you to find anyone who can witness that you are normally an every day, all day long coffee drinker. The new coffee McDonald's has come out with is a disaster that will get them only a select crowd of customers who will not be regular business. It may never be noticed by them since many who worship good coffee never considered trying them even early in the morning when there is no chance of it having sat any length of time. As for me, even if it makes no difference to them whatsoever I will never spend another dime at their stores to the day I die if they don't return to the normal, PREMIUM coffee they USED to have. I would love to know many others felt that way but I don't care if I'm the only one. It will not change my mind.

3ternal

Mar 22, 2007
Seattle, WA
Visit site
Strangely Seattle Time's gave McDonalds premium coffee more praise than Starbuck's House blend. I found it sad, does'nt really matter to me if it's true, I will not be found with a mcdonalds coffee cup in hand. :roll:

MrBox

Feb 21, 2006
Statesboro, GA
Visit site
I like the new MCD Coffee.

Its usually fresh in the morning, its bold and solid.

wtg MCD. I've heard that dunkin doughnuts sells more coffee than just about anybody.

Its sad when MCD and DD have better straight coffee than a specialty coffee shop. The Cafe's are all about capps and frapps theese days it seems. For straight coffee I'd go to dd or mcd