- Jun 19, 2018
[h=4]Moroccan Spiced Coffee Recipe
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black peppercorns
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground green cardamom seeds
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground clove
- scant 1 cup freshly roasted coffee beans
- 4 cups boiling water
- hot milk, to taste
- sugar, if desired
- Combine the spices with the coffee beans in a grinder and whirr until the beans are finely ground.
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil.
- Put some milk—a cup or more—in a small saucepan over a low flame to heat. Do not let it come to a boil.
- If you are making the coffee in a filtered maker: Pour the coffee mixture into the paper-lined brewing cup. Pour about 2 ounces of boiling water over the coffee to allow the grounds to “bloom.” Then slowly add the rest of the water, allowing it to drip through the grounds into the pot below.
- Or if you are using a French press: Put the coffee and spice mixture in the bottom of the press pot. Pour in the requisite amount of boiling water, put the top in place and let the mixture steep for 4 to 5 minutes. Press the plunger down.
- Pour the spiced coffee into cups and add hot milk (and sugar) if desired. Serve at once.