NEED ADVICE Looking for a GOOD Brewer / Grinder combo

hausfire28

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
OK I currently use a Keurig. It doesn't make a bad cup of coffee it just doesn't make a good one. Also I understand that there is a reservoir that cannot be cleaned and it kinda skeeves me out. I am on the go a lot and need something quick, semi easy to clean and also something that can make one or 2 cups at a time since I am the only coffee drinker in the house.
I found a Saeco Minuto Automatic Espresso Machine & Coffee Maker but it is 900 dollars. I don't mind spending a few hundred if its good quality but that is a little steep.
Any help or advice would be appreciated THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!!
Eric

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Keurig is overrated, overpriced, over diluted in the cup. Those that appreciate the convenience, consistency, etc. are just too damn lazy to care about great coffee.

When you say you want a good brewer/grinder combo do you mean an all-in-one unit? If so, I wouldn't recommend any of them because I just can't imagine a way to truly isolate the coffee in a hopper from temperature, humidity, etc. to preserve any level of freshness.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Don't do a combo, the humidity from the coffee brewing will cause the grinding area to get/stay all wet!!

With some of the Cuisinart Grind and Brew models, you don't need to store the beans in the coffee maker. You just put in as much as you plan to use and make your coffee.

This one is on sale at Macys.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/cuisinart-dgb-550bk-coffee-maker-grind-brew-12-cup-automatic?ID=294790&CategoryID=24732&zone=PDP_ZONE_A&choiceId=cidA40011-d3a5eb2c-96e7-4255-b8fe-c7ba1cb719ae@H7@Customers%20Also%20Shopped$24732$294790&LinkType=PDPZ1_Pos1

AMPDRoasting

Jul 26, 2014
Los Angeles
Visit site
With some of the Cuisinart Grind and Brew models, you don't need to store the beans in the coffee maker. You just put in as much as you plan to use and make your coffee.

This one is on sale at Macys.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/cuisinart-dgb-550bk-coffee-maker-grind-brew-12-cup-automatic?ID=294790&CategoryID=24732&zone=PDP_ZONE_A&choiceId=cidA40011-d3a5eb2c-96e7-4255-b8fe-c7ba1cb719ae@H7@Customers%20Also%20Shopped$24732$294790&LinkType=PDPZ1_Pos1

I was not referring to storing the beans. the entire grinding unit itself stays all wet and moist all the time. I, personally, would not recommend it.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I was not referring to storing the beans. the entire grinding unit itself stays all wet and moist all the time. I, personally, would not recommend it.

Yes, condensation does build up in the grinding unit after the coffee is made. The condensation in the grinding unit only happens after the beans are ground and the coffee is brewed. You're supposed to remove the parts (including the grinding unit) and clean and dry them (set them out to air dry).

For some people, it's a pain to do, but just like any other coffee maker, you need to clean and maintain it on a daily basis.