New Coffee Shop Name

Jacory

Apr 18, 2007
Wshington State
Visit site
COFFEE CART NAME

Hi,

One idea we came up with last year, was maybe try blending a name.We blended my name with my husbands and came up with Jacory and once we get our biz going we plan to name it Jacory BeanZ, Jacory Cafe, Jacory Espresso, or Jacory Coffee. Just a thought I wanted to share.

\"Happy Chicks Grind\" is upbeat.

Hi aj!

Well, I'm stalled. Got financing in place, suppliers and marketing arranged. But my chosen site is dragging its feet. Still no lease in place, but they are "considering" it.

If it wasn't the place I really wanted to be I would choose another. But I REALLY want this one, and I am slow to search for another, although I have begun to consider others.

But for sure if it does fall into place, I will not be able to open in August. My cart has not yet been ordered and I expect for it to take at least 6 weeks to receive.

My take on life, after much trial and error, is that when you are open to the possibilities of life and something doesn't work out the way you planned after you try really hard, then it's because something even better is about to come your way!! Let it happen. (Stop getting in your own way!)

How are you progressing? Hope yours is going smoother!!!

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
cherylann324 said:
Well, I'm stalled. Got financing in place, suppliers and marketing arranged. But my chosen site is dragging its feet. Still no lease in place, but they are "considering" it.

Did you have a Letter of Intent in place with the landlord? Perhaps you should ask what concerns are stalling the delivery of a lease and address them directly.

cherylann324 said:
My take on life, after much trial and error, is that when you are open to the possibilities of life and something doesn't work out the way you planned after you try really hard, then it's because something even better is about to come your way!! Let it happen. (Stop getting in your own way!)

It's good to maintain a positive attitude about future opportunities, but I find in business, you can make things happen the way that you want with a better plan.

AJPRATT

Mar 7, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Visit site
Sorry to hear that! The place we found was completly by accident. It's probably the sixth location we gave serious consideration.

I found that when I moved on from the last location, things just seemed to move better, and everything with the new location just seems to be falling into place: extended build out time, LH credits, hours of operation. The trick is to care, but not too much. (A quote from a notable figure).

We have our architect drawing up a preliminary layout for us this week. We are fortunate because we know someone with coffee house experience, so there are some things we don't have to explain to him. But, we'll see...

I'm sending good thoughts your way that you get the best location for you, where ever that may be!