New to this forum. Green Coffee Beans from Honduras, Direct from farm.

delafincacoffee

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
My name is Benjamin with De La Finca Coffee Importers. My partner and I have just started importing coffee directly from his farm in Honduras. We have just brought some coffee into the United States. I was told the best way for us to contact roasters was with email and free samples. If anyone is in need of speciality coffee from Honduras please let me know and I can send samples.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
My name is Benjamin with De La Finca Coffee Importers. My partner and I have just started importing coffee directly from his farm in Honduras. We have just brought some coffee into the United States. I was told the best way for us to contact roasters was with email and free samples. If anyone is in need of speciality coffee from Honduras please let me know and I can send samples.
where are you located at? do you have a company website?

delafincacoffee

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
We are located out of Holly Springs, NC. We are working on a website right now and a documentary about our farms. We already have the containers in the United States at the moment and I have a list of the lots.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
We are located out of Holly Springs, NC. We are working on a website right now and a documentary about our farms. We already have the containers in the United States at the moment and I have a list of the lots.
thank you for the information. thanks again. Another questions for you. is your coffee "commercial coffee"? or Specialty coffee? can you tell us exactly what kind of coffee you are offering?
as example... Red bourbon at 1600 meter altitude. washed process. European standard. 30 bags available....like this.
if possible, please provide as much information as possible about your coffee that you are trying to sell.

delafincacoffee

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
Great question.We do all coffees, commercial, stock lots, premium, specialty. However we specialize in micro lots mainly organic.
Elevations from 1400m to 1800s

Red catuai, yellow catuai, panairema, Lempira, caturra , Ichatu and pacas those are varieties that we have.
All coffee that we have in the USA scores 83+ points. The other commercial coffees we can bring them only by preorder.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Great question.We do all coffees, commercial, stock lots, premium, specialty. However we specialize in micro lots mainly organic.

Red catuai, yellow catuai, panairema, Lempira, caturra , Ichatu and pacas those are varieties that we have.
All coffee that we have in the USA scores 83+ points. The other commercial coffees we can bring them only by preorder.
I presume that all are "lavado"?! Micro lot should be over 86 to 88 point, not SCAA, but CoE standard.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

forgot to ask you. when you say "pacas", do you mean "pacamara" ? or just "paca" varietal?

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, all our micro lots scores 87 to 92 points, however not all our coffee are micro lots.
Wow.... 87 to 92 points. I did not know the varietals that you have can reach that high CoE scores...... FYI, I sold one bag of Geisha from Huehuetenango this year which scored 91.75 by Q instructor in Melbourne. Next best score was another Geisha from Acatenango at 88.50 point & 87.5 for Natural Yellow Bourbon from Antigua. However, when I look at the coffee varietals that you have mentioned, it would be difficult to score that high. Just Genetically, it is almost impossible....

Anyway, if your scores are genuine, your coffees must be really great micro lots. I might even buy some off from you just to cup and see how they taste.

I guess you and I are in similar business (but I do not have USA distribution channel except just few customers), so I just wish you the best and a lot of success with your business.

Benjamin, by the way, my name is Alex.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
In Honduras we call it Paca this is an old farm that is mix with paca and red borbom. :)
yes., that is a good varietal. I guess you meant to say "red bourbon". In Guatemala, we do not have much Pacas. Just we have some micro lot Pacamara which is one of our best sellers to Europe. In my personal opinion, your pacas will be the best varietal that you might have among all the names you have mentioned. However, I have never heard that Pacas going over 90 CoE points....

delafincacoffee

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
Nice to chat with you Alex! Well my yellow catuai washed 1600ms 15 bags scored 88 points, red borbon natural process scored 92 points. We work with one of the most reputable co-ops in Honduras COMSA who are the one that process and give the scores to our coffee. The farm that scored 92 points is next to the farm that last year won the the Honduras cup of excellence

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Nice to chat with you Alex! Well my yellow catuai washed 1600ms 15 bags scored 88 points, red borbon natural process scored 92 points. We work with one of the most reputable co-ops in Honduras COMSA who are the one that process and give the scores to our coffee. The farm that scored 92 points next to the farm that last year won the the Honduras cup of excellence
Aha!!!! you might want to send out those 88 and 92 points of micro lots to some of the reputable roaster in USA and get their opinions and scores..... you will soon realize that you are off by 5 points on Yellow catuai and off another 5 to 6 points on Nat Bourbon. Benjamin, I do not want to be a bad guy, but I have been doing this for very long time and I know how it goes in USA.....

Contact some reputable companies and send your samples free of charge. then, they will cup and evaluate and email you their comments along with cupping scores. With that information, you can market your coffee to future customers. that would be the best way.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Nice to chat with you Alex! Well my yellow catuai washed 1600ms 15 bags scored 88 points,
By the way, as for Catuai, it is impossible to score more than 84 point. Genetically, it is almost impossible. if you want, you can research about Catuai varietal. to give you an example, it is like Guatemala high school basketball team trying to compete with New York Bronx high school basketball team.

it just does not happen. and it just does not work!.. how do I know? I have cupped hundreds of different catuai in my life and none of them went over 84 points..... maybe yours is different.. but just sayin.....

delafincacoffee

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
Well you need to come to Marcala Honduras we cup 88 and 87s all the time.

"What is really important is what you learn after thinking you know it all."
Waite Phillips