Oldy but goodie - DeLonghi BCO-264B not pulling water from reservoir...

CountryBoyFromBama

Sep 22, 2022
Visit site
Hi all. I have a model BCO-264B that started taking longer to dispense along with not always dispensing a full cup. It did this for 1-2 weeks and then stopped even trying.

The red light comes on, but it won’t bring any water out of the reservoir. There’s a click sound from inside somewhere like a relay is engaged, then about 8 seconds later it sounds like a relay dropping out. Then at about 15 seconds, it repeats.

Has anyone had any experience with a failure like this and, if so, how did you fix it -- if you did?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Howard
Seattle

Attachments

• IMG_0771.jpg
    IMG_0771.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0772.jpg
    IMG_0772.jpg
    546.8 KB · Views: 13

CountryBoyFromBama

Sep 22, 2022
Visit site
Hi again. It looks like the problem - at least one problem - is one of the thermal fuses is open. I’m going to jumper around it to see if everything else will work. I notice a white substance around and between the heating element and the heating pad. Do you know if this is some sort of sealer that I need to clean and replace?

Attachments

• 8FE06B05-3FB8-41C2-A125-D9723BD9AE58.jpeg
    8FE06B05-3FB8-41C2-A125-D9723BD9AE58.jpeg
    574.2 KB · Views: 11

CountryBoyFromBama

Sep 22, 2022
Visit site
Thanks. I had guessed that and put it back together with Arctic Silver. It now heats but when it got to 362F and started smoking I unplugged it. It appears that the thermostat is not opening which is undoubtedly what blew the thermal fuse.

And on and on it goes… :)

CountryBoyFromBama

Sep 22, 2022
Visit site
I appreciate all of your help. My "Oldie but Goodie" is now working like new again. It appears that the thermal compound had dried out, preventing the thermostat from detecting the actual temperature and allowing the warming plate heater to get way, way too hot, eventually popping one of the thermal fuses.

I cleaned all the old compound off with alcohol, lightly sanded the two surfaces, and put new Arctic Silver on. After bypassing the open fuse, removing, sanding, and replacing the t-stat, it immediately began controlling the hot plate to the correct temperature range. All functions are working like new. Right now, it only has one thermal fuse but the replacement for the failed one should be here tomorrow and will only take a couple of minutes to solder in.

Thanks again for your great help.

Howard

Last edited:

I.Fix.Jura

Aug 6, 2021
Spring, Texas
Visit site
Glad you fixed it!
I have a DeLonghi BCO120 for more than 20 years and don't use it anymore. Since it doesn't worth the trouble to sell, it still sits in my garage. One day it becomes antique, I may want to sell it.