Online Sales and Shipping

AndyP

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Just put up my online store. I got a bunch of free flat rate envelopes from USPS.gov that hold up to 3 12oz bags and ship flat for $6.80 anywhere in the US. What is the cheapest way to print shipping labels for quick drop off the post office. Stamps.com? The USPS website is hard to navigate. Should I be able to set up a business account for discounted shipping? What are others using? Thanks

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
I think Stamps.com and some others will give a slight discount if you have any volume. The USPS site isn't all that bad once you get used to it. They have an address book built in, so that once you enter a customer's addy you can retrieve it easliy. And, you can purchase and print right there so there's no other step or sites to go through.

The main reason I use USPS is that they have a free pickup, so there's no shlepping boxes to the post office; if that were the case, I'd be using UPS, at least for the bigger packages.

Also, check out the Regional A & B boxes... if you're not shipping across country, they can be a cheaper way to go.