Opening a drive-thru and exchanging advice

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hey janie1963:

How close are you to opening? Sorry to here that B&B is increasing your price. Sometimes thats how a company will get on your good side and when it comes time to open your doors, they slip the "Old Price Increase" in on you. Maybe thats their way of collecting for the time they spent with you. May I suggest that you contact us directly and we can do something better for you. Another benefit is our product is on the shelves at your local Cash & Carry in case you need extra.

To answer your question regarding mixers, Vita Mix does make a great blender. I would not go with a cheap blender, that will cost you more in the long run. Remember you can't afford to be down. In fact I might suggest that you get two blenders. I would recommend that you contact Granelli Ice in Woodinville and ask them if they may have some slightly used blenders. I've worked with them for a number of years, and they are great to work with. Tell them I referred you to them. Also if you are in need of a great BUNN granita machine contact me and I can get them for you at a great price seeing that we are an authorized dealer for BUNN.

Hopefully we can work together in the near future if things don't quite work out with B&B.

janie1963

Mar 8, 2004
Visit site
Thanks for the advice! Where do you work...for which coffee company? I was so hoping to be ready to open next month, but I'm not sure if that will happen. We are going to Las Vegas in June for our daughter's wedding ( and will attend Coffee Fest) so I wanted to have a few weeks in operation before then. Now I'm thinking it may be more realistic to open after Vegas. Today we will find out if we'll have to pay over $2000 to get the water hooked up...hopefully there is already a meter in place in which case we'll pay only $5. to hook up. The county sent a letter yesterday saying that our building permit was on hold until we complete applications (and pay fees) for the water dept. and fire dept. All we had to do was have the fire chief sign a paper that says they can get fire trucks to the site. I don't mind having to do that or paying extra fees, but I am irked that the county didn't give us these forms to begin with. :evil:

Back to the coffee; I like B&B's coffee and later found out that the two most successful places here serve B&B. On one hand, I felt good about that, but on the other I wanted something different than what other locals serve. Maybe you'd be interested in sending some samples?

Thanks, again!

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
I am co-owner of Seattle Gourmet Coffee located in Shoreline, Washington. These are some of the things we can help you with. This way you can get the help needed. B&B does not have experience in this area, whereas we do. Rather than sending samples, I'd like to invite you and your partner to our facility.

janie1963

Mar 8, 2004
Visit site
:grin: Good news-we'll only pay $5. to hook up the water. Thats a relief! I think I've been to your website. I couldn't begin to schedule a visit right now, but hopefully when we make a bit more progress. We'll visit the fine folks at the county tomorrow to turn in the latest papers and pay the fees. And I'm hoping they'll get the building permit to us soon! My husband is building this and is wondering about the L&I requirements/codes for the electrical. He is the kind of guy who can do anything, but doesn't like electrical or plumbing work.