Our Coffee Farm + Future Cafe, Copán Ruinas, HND

Just a few random pics...

Resting between our coffee plants after dragging around a huge bushel of plantains!
626a0f315104e67f37467bf92a5b5474.jpg

These are way heavier than they look.
5841ee7be4c757ded6674874eef825ad.jpg

Visiting a shipping/processing facility in Siguatepeque.
df78de522eb850ad6855570cd6605191.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so I finished the 4 cup Hario pour over and I'm very happy with it. The wood is oak that is stained and sealed. The rods are stainless steel with removable rubber strips for grip. The only thing I'm going to add is a rubber pad on the bottom for the minimal splashing while doing the pour over.
17c92941d8ba8093410d71017bc40178.jpg

c80cd1bd1c588b324c1c0ca15bfecd60.jpg

6859d20058c0c01e5b34d3bb7261ebb9.jpg

bb5331f55cfcd3668dbb1ef150835ce4.jpg

-Daniel Kent

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Congrats Daniel.
you bought a Coffee Cherry hulling machine. WoW !!!
is it made in Honduras? or Guatemala or Brazil?

someone in your farm has to do this manually and hope that he has a strong arm! :=)

for some members who do not know what this machine does, I have posted a photo for you guys.
this machine peels coffee cherry and separate cherry skin from coffee beans.
After this machine, the beans will be put into a water tank for 12 to 24 hour fermentation to get rid of mucilage.

View attachment 5031

Thank you! Not sure the country of origin. Unfortunately many times I'm just the money man as it's hard to stay in the loop on everything since on top of Adventure Copán we also work full-time jobs here in the US. I'm excited to move to HND to really run things.

Great explanation by the way.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! Not sure the country of origin. Unfortunately many times I'm just the money man as it's hard to stay in the loop on everything since on top of Adventure Copán we also work full-time jobs here in the US. I'm excited to move to HND to really run things. Great explanation by the way.

I guess that you and your family are moving to HND completely? or temporarily?
when did you say you are moving?

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
the video quality is pretty good and good demonstration.
however, you told that you might be buying more land for coffee plantation.
then, this hulling machine might be just to little. it will take too long to do this when you produce decent q'ty of coffee.

Yes the move is permanent and next year sometime (hopefully by end of year). This machine is all we can afford right now all the expenses of moving to another country. You have to remember we are just one family doing all of this by the grace of God and we only pay cash (no loans). So we try to make wise, progressive and cost effective financial decisions. This one will be a great backup if the gas one ever breaks unexpectedly.

Last edited:

Latest posts