Packaging? Where do you buy your bags?

Thor

Jan 26, 2022
Visit site
I do not ship coffee to the US but i could mail you an empty bag if your goal is to check the quality of the bag.

That would be wonderful-- I will pm you my address- I'm happy to venmo you the cost if you'd like.

sad that I won't get to try your roast, but very appreciative of your willingness to help, thank you!

Simon99

Feb 2, 2022
China
Visit site
In particular, I buy them on amazon. There's a great selection and high quality so for me it's perfect.
Good to know that, a small qty with label stickers is friendly to small coffee roasters. but Once you've grown in size-you need brand recognition. That's why custom printing is a good choice for those famous brands selling their products on supermarket shelves.

Jack Dale

Sep 18, 2022
China
Visit site
I have a question but it isn't about retail bags. I am looking for flat silver pouches that hold 8 oz and has a valve. We use them for in house coffee...tear and toss. I use about 10k every 3 weeks. The price jumped up from my current supplier about 25%. I think its time I buy a years supply from China. Any idea how to find a company?
I know a Chinese customized printing company for coffee packaging bags.
I have a question but it isn't about retail bags. I am looking for flat silver pouches that hold 8 oz and has a valve. We use them for in house coffee...tear and toss. I use about 10k every 3 weeks. The price jumped up from my current supplier about 25%. I think its time I buy a years supply from China. Any idea how to find a company?
I know a Chinese packaging company.It can be customized printing kind of coffee bags.
The MOQ is only 3,000pcs at the first.
Do you need their email?Hahaha

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Thanks Jack, I am all set. I ended up buying a years supply of the silver pouches with a valve from China. I will need to reorder again in about 3 months.

Jack Dale

Sep 18, 2022
China
Visit site
Thanks Jack, I am all set. I ended up buying a years supply of the silver pouches with a valve from China. I will need to reorder again in about 3 months.
Hi Topher,don't worry.Some nice coffee bags,I think you will like them.
May I have your email?
I would like to contact with you about coffee.

vomaxa

Jul 23, 2022
United States
Visit site
All right Simon. Lets take this one step further.

Your prices are good. What about freight costs ? I mean the last mile is always the most expensive.

My experience is that there will be layers of cost
1. Cost China to destination port
2. Port charges if any
3. Customs (inspection), warehouse charges and duties
4. Freight from port/warehouse to final destination poly mailer manufacturer.

How do you handle the first and does it include the second ?
Lets start with China port to Toronto, Canada
My last batch from my long time supplier was thinner that what I have been receiving for years (the seller doesn't give a thickness measurement). So I've been browsing listings where this measurement is given. I noticed one seller of a 2.4 mil thick poly had a complaint that the buyer was able to stick his finger through it. I don't need super heavy duty, but I need better than that. So I think I should probably be looking at 3 mil or better?