PID machine - no value?!

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
I've told people this for years, and I will tell you too. What ever temperature you find that you like is the temperature for you. Same goes for time of brewing espresso. I know I posted an article years ago with generic information and I'm not saying that is wrong. That was put there for the sole purpose of stopping the million pm's a day we got from people wanting to know what the exact number of seconds you need to brew espresso.

To be honest if a 15 second shot is what makes you happy in the morning then by all means feel free. If you want extract it for minute forty five and that makes you the happiest then by all means don't let me stop you.

I've seen things in the last 17 years since working around coffee that has completely stumped me. Things that should not be but happen anyways. So who am I to tell you that your expectations are wrong.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
I wouldn't disagree with that one iota; I'm far less of a coffee snob than I was 5 or 10 years ago.

All I'm inferring is that if you find a blend to work well at a given temp, then having a machine that can reach and hold that temp repeatedly would be an advantage.

Latest posts