Preparation

gsan

Dec 12, 2020
Visit site
If someone wanted to make gourmet tasting coffee should they use preground roast coffee from folgers, maxwellhouse, hills brothers, mjb, chock full o nuts, chase and sanborn, ect... or use whole beans to grind instead???

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Find a local roaster and invest in a decent burr grinder. As for drinking instant? I personally would rather not drink coffee then. My folks give me a hard time. Every time we go for a meal they get coffee after. I decline. They say," I can't believe you have been in the coffee biz your whole life and you won't drink coffee when we go out to dinner." I explained that I do not drink bad or stale coffee...I would rather go without.

bullet08

Mar 30, 2023
NC, USA
Visit site
Find a local roaster and invest in a decent burr grinder. As for drinking instant? I personally would rather not drink coffee then. My folks give me a hard time. Every time we go for a meal they get coffee after. I decline. They say," I can't believe you have been in the coffee biz your whole life and you won't drink coffee when we go out to dinner." I explained that I do not drink bad or stale coffee...I would rather go without.
Good coffee is.. Good. Could be better. But when it's 24° F out there and I want a hot coffee, even the instant coffee is heavenly without all the extra weight and waiting for the prep. Of course, if I'm at home, I don't mind the extra work. I remember getting my Wood Badge training. Back then, I didn't drink coffee. Acid would turn my stomach. But third night sleeping in tent below 40°, had to have something warm. That cheapest cafeteria coffee with non-dairy powder creamer was the best thing I've ever had.