Researching Mobile Espresso Businesses

doing my research

Sep 9, 2006
Eastern WA
Visit site
I have done every search I can think of on the internet for mobile espresso businesses in my area, I have only found 1. We have a several colleges here, lots of drive thru and coffee houses. I think my niche would be mobile. I have been researching on the internet and I have found lots of good information, but feel that I need more. I have considered trailer vs. all inclusive vehicle. If the vehicle part breaks down the business stays put, but with a trailer all I need is another vehicle with a trailer hitch and I am back on the road. I have many concerns about starting a business, but at the same time I feel compelled that this is the right thing to be doing. Open to info especially cost saving info. :shock:

Jackson

Aug 22, 2006
Columbus, OH
Visit site
E-bay - Business and Industry - Restaurants - Concessions and Trailers.
You may then narrow the search by typing in the key word, "coffee" or "espresso". There are usually two or three trailers for sale at any given time.

Another approach would be to look in your Sunday newspaper under Business Oppertunities for an existing moble espresso business route for sale. This would be a more expensive start-up, but at least you would be able to start day 1 with cash flow. Plus, the existing owner could fill you in on the "do's" and "don'ts" of the trade. The school of hard knocks can be very expensive when starting your own company.

Good luck! :grin:

javacruiser

Sep 17, 2006
Visit site
I currently own a mobile coffee truck/business and it is the best thing. You can pick and chose what you want to do. I have a self-contained truck and it works great. You have to keep up on your maintenance. So many people and events love the truck because it is appealing and easy to set up at events. I set up in 15 minutes, with a trailer you may be looking at a half an hour to an hour to unhitch, hitch up and it takes up more space for a truck and trailer that you may have to pay for at big events. You can look at my truck at www.javacruiser.com. Good luck! :)

sierradan

Oct 18, 2006
Coastal NC
Visit site
mobile coffee

I have a mobile coffee truck and it is a blast. I have a route during the mornings that covers businesses where the employees are stuck there and no coffee near-by. Car dealerships are great places! It is a short route so wear & tear, and fuel is not a big expense. As the weather gets cold here sales go up!

Dan

AnnaLee

Nov 27, 2006
Visit site
Mobile Coffee

Hello,

I live in Illinois and am interested in setting up a mobile coffee service.

Where is the cheapest place to get a van/trailer, whatever? And, equipment of course.

Thanks.

AnnaLee

JavaKitty

Sep 11, 2007
Hoover, AL
Visit site
Coffee Trailer Business -Non-Franchise- For Sale

I've been in the Mobile Espresso Beverage business for 3 years (quite profitably) and I am interested in helping others start their own business. I have a business program which includes a fully-outfitted trailer and a personalized training/ education program for under $40,000. I serve only Organic Fair Trade Coffees and upscale products. Let me know if you are interested. Peace.
www.cuppaj.com

Mobile Business

I have owned a mobile gourmet drink business for over two years. There are definitely some strong positives to this business and a few challenges. A lot depends on the location (city) and skills of the owner. I would be happy to chat with anyone interested in getting into the mobile business.

My partner and I have just decided to sell our truck -- not because of profitability but because we have different visions on where to take the business.

Please feel free to write to me at [email protected]

Cool_Beans_Mobile

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I have run into a major snag with my mobile business and could use the advice of others who may have encountered a similar situation. I planned to start my business part-time while maintaining a full-time job and do business in the area where I work (Navy base and lots of office parks). But I was just informed by the county that mobile restaurants are not permitted to operate in the county- even on the private property of the office parks!

I intended to sell specialty coffee's, breakfast sandwiches, doughnuts, etc. But if I can't do business in the county, my plans have pretty much fallen apart. I wrote the county administrator back asking for some clarification because my employer brings in Red, Hot and Blue BBQ every year for employee appreciation day- along with their mobile kitchen- so it would seem that his statement was not entirely factual. I have also seen Ice Cream and other mobile food trucks, so I was naturally confused. Is the issue with the business having a kitchen or is the issue with a mobile business in general? I asked if it would be permissible if I only sold coffee's and tea's and waiting for a response.

I would like to hear from others on the subject. I had intended to seek permission from property owner's to add their office properties to my route believing that since it was private property I would not run into any problems with the county. Guess even that isn't good enough...

What has been your approach? If you stop at a business, did you seek permission first or has it not been an issue? Better to ask forgiveness than permission?

Any advice? I really don't want my business to die before it even starts!