The Doctor has said........

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
A few months back (June 1) two new starbucks opened in my vacinity and my sells fell 20 to 25% in a week....school was out and I lost teachers....parents...and people went on vacation. I was really stressing and wondering how to get the business back.

Well they are coming back. We're back to the pre June 1 levels right now and people seem to be happy. I've asked some where they have been and let them know we missed em.....and to my suprise this is the excuse I've heard 7x now:

"The Doctor said I need to cust back on the coffee"

Ok.......is anyone else getting this....what are the doctors up to? They're killing me....

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
It's a caffeine thing and doctors have been saying that for years. My doctor told my wife to cut back on caffeinated pop (soda)! He said it was messing her up in ways that coffee could never do. Also it is probably the number one excuse people use when they have been visiting other shops in the area. Don't feel bad, their back and loving it! Time to offer more Decaff! :twisted:

chooton

Aug 5, 2005
Sebewaing, MI
Visit site
Doctor Zorba

I asked Dr. Zorba Paster, who has a show on NPR if my 2yr old daughter could drink coffee. She loves a cold AA. When she was crawling she would pull out my grinder basket and chomp on any leftover grind.

He said it was ok. The whole not good for you/stunting your growth thing was ledgend. He sugested that we make it a special time and give her a demitasse when we visit the coffee shop.

You could do like my favorite cafe, the Blue Monday and post an article touting all the health benefits coffee brings.

Latest posts