The Used Roasters

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
If you are planning on roasting more then few pounds a week, it would be wise to invest in little bigger machine. I have seen people actually roast pound of coffee in 5k or 10 k machine without much of problem. I am not saying there is anything wrong with buying 1kg machine.

tosa_roasting

May 13, 2014
central Missouri
Visit site
Great thoughts! So, as far as brands go, what makes and models seem to have the most consistent results, and lasting durability? I've been looking at company sites and various forums, but there seems to be little consensus among roasters. For example, if someone were to ask me what Japanese car model had high durability and reliability ratings, I'd say you can't go wrong with a Toyota Corolla or Camry. They have a long, and relatively clean track record. Is there a roaster manufacturer that can boast in that same way?

Last edited:

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
So you are looking for Toyota in coffee roaster?
What you are looking for is cheap, and very reliable machine.

I would say Ambex or US roasters.
But it really depends on how many time you are planning on roasting.
If you are going to roast 20-30 times a day and 3-4 days a week, I would go with Probat, Diedrich, Joper and San Franciscan.

I am not saying Ambex or US roasters won't hold up.....

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Great thoughts! So, as far as brands go, what makes and models seem to have the most consistent results, and lasting durability? I've been looking at company sites and various forums, but there seems to be little consensus among roasters. For example, if someone were to ask me what Japanese car model had high durability and reliability ratings, I'd say you can't go wrong with a Toyota Corolla or Camry. They have a long, and relatively clean track record. Is there a roaster manufacturer that can boast in that same way?

San Franciscan and US Roaster Corp

JCF

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Looking over the post here which have gone back and forth, it appears that there is interest in purchasing Coffee Roasters. I have a Jabez Burns 120 Kilo Coffee Roaster for Sale, as well as other Coffee Roasting Equipment. I looks great, little use over the years and truly a work horse. You may send a message through this website or email me at [email protected] for more information regarding same.

Music_Geek

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. We're looking at options from 3-5kilo... all of the usual places I've been searching have dried up recently. Come on, folks, outgrow those SF6, USRC M5, IR5, etc. :) I wish you such success that you need to sell your roasters immediately!

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
New Update.
Sorry I have been busy running my own business. I have been neglecting this forum. Please forgive me. ;)

New 4lb Coffee Roaster dont know much about this one.

Act Now to Get The Best Coffee Roaster Available This is crazy. Second new roaster maker. lol

Coffee Roaster - Commercial Computerized One Pound sonofresco

Propane Drum Roaster homemade drum roaster

Toper Cafemino 1KG Electric Coffee Roaster Toper roaster

Coffee Roaster 60 kilo Commercial, Industrial Big bubba... lol

COFFEE ROASTER PEANUT ROASTER ANTIQUE royal #5 roaster

Probat 4 bag (240 Kg) Coffee Roaster HOLY COw. lOOK AT THE PRICE.

Coffee Roasting Business for Sale This is whole roasting operation if you can get outta the lease. I think.....

Short list. Good Luck everyone.

Music_Geek

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
The second new roaster link is another Chinese roaster. I have seen a member of this or HB forum selling them. They look cool. But that's not a lot less than the price of a USRoaster 3 kilo. And it's more than the Mill City/North roasters, and at least they seem to have a pretty solid reputation for customer support (Mill specifically, not referring to North)

The market has definitely dried up as of late.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
My experiences about the used roasters are very cyclical. Sometimes there are many of them for sale and sometime there are none.
I am sure there are others out there but I have not been able to find more.

Also my experiences with Chinese roasters are cheap and they are serviceable. But it will take some knowledge of roasters and mechanical sense.
If you are pretty understanding of how coffee roasters work, I believe you will save tons of money by carefully purchasing cheaper well made Chinese brand.
If you do not want to mess with completely ready to perform roasters, go with Ambex, US roasters and other well respected American Made Roasters.

Good luck with your search on your next perfect coffee roasters.