This Place Is Dead

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
umm...did I miss something? Paranoia? This forum is far from dead..as to why I haven't posted as much as I usualy do...business is good...umm acutally it is GREAT! :wink:

ABM

Mar 4, 2007
Atlanta
Visit site
topher said:
umm...did I miss something? Paranoia? This forum is far from dead..as to why I haven't posted as much as I usualy do...business is good...umm acutally it is GREAT! :wink:

Whew! Glad I was wrong. 8)

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
I've seen a lot of "dead forums". It's sad to see those fine ones that you want to sign up for, but then you see the last posts were from almost a year ago. This one is still kickin' fortunately.

It's still the slow time of year for my business. Real estate is my main source of income for now and it's much easier to manage than this bakery. Sigh....
Government's all over my bakery, local, state and fed, every time I turn around. I'm constantly filling out complicated tax forms, unemployment contributions reports, annual and quarterly corporate reports, inspections reports, argghhh!!!
Bakery production and coffee forums is the fun and easy part. :D

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I don't think this forum is dead, but it looks like the postings have slowed down a lot recently. Most forums have peak times and slow times.

I've learned a lot by exploring some of the older postings. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience posted on this forum.

Many of the topics get revisited a lot. Sometimes newcomers ask the same questions that were asked before. I guess the "old timers" get tired of answering the same questions over and over again.

Maybe the experienced forum members could re-direct the person to a part of the forum where they could find the answer... instead of just not replying to their posting. No one likes to post a question and never get a response.

This was a very lively week on the forum, and it was centered around one topic that kinda got redirected into another direction.

It's worth checking out. It's called "What to do about campers and electric."

Rose

ABM

Mar 4, 2007
Atlanta
Visit site
PinkRose said:
...I've learned a lot by exploring some of the older postings. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience posted on this forum......

Very good point, Rose. That's what I've been doing.

FWIW, I certainly didn't want to appear condescending by my thread/comments. Actually, it's just that I had really been looking for some fresh, lively offerings in here.

Nonetheless, I'm gleaning all that I can with what there is already. That ain't so bad. 8)

Thanks!

ABM