Turkish coffee anyone?

turkishcoffee

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
Turkish coffee powder is the finest one in coffee world... It has a special brewing technique...
But, I think, difference of Turkish coffee doesn't come only from these things. To me, Turkish coffee represents a life style, which whispers "you should enjoy the life... you should understand the moment you live..."

Whenever I drink my Turkish coffee in rush, I can't get the taste I'm used to... To get maximum pleasure from Turkish coffee, you should sit, relax, take a sip from your little Turkish coffee cup, talk to your friends, then another sip... enjoy the moment you have! :)

Brewing and drinking Turkish coffeee is a kind of ceremony. It's like a break in our hectic days...

I don't know, maybe I consider Turkish coffee too emotionally :) But, it really means a life style for me...

hanytrade

Mar 23, 2013
Egypt
Visit site
in genral turkish coffee contain 75% cheap robusta from indonsia or vitname ( g4 60 defect ) whatever the screen. and that to make the heavey and thick body and the 15% any good taste robusta such as ughanda or india or ethiobia and the 10% any arabica coffeespicially the brazilian .

btw i drink one cup every morning

StarCoffee

Nov 30, 2014
New York
Visit site
Is Turkish coffee more expensive than ordinary black coffee? Does it taste more bitter?

What does it mean that the "coffee doesn't stick to your teeth"? I've been drinking coffee for some time and it doesnt stick to my teeth haha

I'm going to Europe next year and would love to try it out

KBM3

Nov 20, 2017
San Antonio, Tx
Visit site
I had my first Turkish coffee about a month ago. I met some friends at a Mediterranean style coffee and hookah bar. When it comes to coffe, I always like to try new things and ordered the Turkish.
It was an experience. Great taste overall. I was a little surprised when I took the last sip and noticed the "mud" on the bottom of the cup!!
I went home and did some online research and found out that is the norm. Now I am looking for my own Turkish brewing pitcher, can't remember the name.

Casandra

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Now we are at least sure about real fat composition! :)

That is composition but extracted quantity is less than that . And if you read that article it is mentioned that even in scandinavian(or turkish) way of preparation it is extracted "only" about 1/5 of total fat content.

Anything above 1.5 to 2 % of total calories from PUFA in whatever form tend to slow down metabolism but when it comes to possible storage(and in the state and unability to burn them quickly) of PuFA I am not sure about that and I (currently) think that that part depends on form and state of that ingested PUFA and on current state of the metabolism.

coffeevarekai

Jul 19, 2018
Visit site
well haven't try any turkish coffee, what are the difference between ethiopia?

Turkish coffee is named for the grind size and the way it is prepared, Ethiopia is a coffee origin as opposed to a brew style. You should give it a try, but it is a love/ hate type of drink, thick, rich and no filter... but oh so good!

coffeevarekai

Jul 19, 2018
Visit site
I’ve been wanting to get into Turkish coffee since I found out about about a couple of weeks ago. I would love to learn the correct way of doing it to make it as close to the traditional way as possible.

start by getting yourself an Ibrik, and "traditional" is a term that is to be used loosely in the coffee world... since so many countries claim that a certain "style" is theirs. For instance, Turkish and Greek is, dare I say, pretty much the same thing. But again, get an Ibrik or Briki and experiment, isn't that part of the fun with coffee??

Shyla

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
Hello--newbie here. based on my name, you might guess i like turkish coffee. i wouldn't call it my favorite type of coffee per se, but i did find i liked it much more than i thought i would. i had never had it until i spent some time in Europe. i've found that many Americans don't like it--but many Central and Eastern Europeans do. anyone have any opininions?

I loved it too for the first time when i tried it. I would suggest even my friends try this.

bobby1987

Jul 19, 2018
Visit site
Hello--newbie here. based on my name, you might guess i like turkish coffee. i wouldn't call it my favorite type of coffee per se, but i did find i liked it much more than i thought i would. i had never had it until i spent some time in Europe. i've found that many Americans don't like it--but many Central and Eastern Europeans do. anyone have any opininions?

The first time I tried out Turkish Coffee I definitely loved it! And I tried it in the most strange way, and in fact not too interesting.

Latest posts