What will coffee taste if we add Vodka in?

Hely

Oct 29, 2020
USA
Visit site
Many people drink coffee with cognac. This recipe came from France. This alcoholic cocktail creates a double load on heart and blood vessels, so for hypertensive people it's especially dangerous.
Personally I don't like it because I'm not a fan of hot alcoholic beverages.
But many people like so you can try to make this drink
You just need to make a cup of coffee and add 50ml of cognac, or as much as you want

freshgrind

Nov 3, 2020
Chicago IL
Visit site
I'm a 'no fruit in my beer' and 'no booze in my coffee' type.
But I really liked 'coffee in my booze' when a friend gave me a coffee-infused vodka he made.

He prepared it just like you would a cold-brew; steep ground coffee in a bottle of vodka for 8-12 hours, then strain and serve chilled.
I redid it with whole bean, stepped 24 hours, and liked it a bit better (not as bitter, more subtle).
I want to try again, but this time with some lemon rind and a dark roast (trying for an italian espresso thing :)

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
Isn't adding vodka, or any alcoholic beverage for that matter, the same as pounding Red Bull with beer, wine, vodka, scotch, bourbon, gin, or rum? And from what I recall, that's a pretty volatile mixture. I think I'll pass, thank you very much.

AlexNillson89

Feb 2, 2021
USA NY
Visit site
I know that only in Russia they can pour vodka into coffee, in Ukraine, where the region of the Carpathian Mountains is, they add their own made honey to the coffee and it is very tasty!

Elsiel

Apr 2, 2021
Visit site
Hm, I haven't tried it yet. I suppose vodka won't make the coffee tastier, because actually, it is tasteless. It's mostly ethanol, and it will get you drunk very fast. Still, I'm tempted to try it! Usually I like to mix coffee with bourbon or with baileys, because it tastes like sweetened coffee. However, last week I inspired myself from lolacovington.com, and tried the Black Russian cocktail. It's simply delicious. You just need some vodka and coffee liqueur. Mix it with ice, and that's it. You should definitely try it, if you love coffee as much as I do!

Last edited: