What's Your Coffee Ritual?

yennyscafe

Jan 16, 2021
Visit site
Hi! I'm Yenny and I live in Boston, Massachusetts. I am so excited to have found this passionate forum for coffee lovers like myself! I call coffee my "reason to live", and I do not get out of bed unless I smell the coffee brewing. My husband is an angel who makes the coffee every morning. I am very curious about people and their coffee rituals...it seems to be something keeping many people sane during COVID. What is your coffee ritual? I'm curious!
Best, Yenny

Hydroid

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
Hi Yenny, it's every morning and most afternoons for me. I like getting up in the mornings and just peace and quiet before my work day. It makes the difference for me, 2 cups in the morning and 1 cup in the afternoon.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
I drink two cups almost every morning. I'm the only one drinking except when my son joins me for a cup. But that is rare. I mostly do french press but also dabble in moka pot. Each method has it's own ritual. But both involve measuring/weighing and grinding the coffee. Also I like frothed milk and that too has a ritual to it. I have a manual frother so after heating it to just over 140 F on the stove there is the plunging to work up the froth. Then the swirling and banging the pitcher on the counter to get rid of the bubbles and end up with a nice smooth froth with a sheen to it. Then of course is the actual act of drinking it. Yum.

D

Deleted member 37603

My ritual this warm summer is to get up pretty early and get the bottle containing the remainder of the V60 drip coffee I made the previous afternoon from the refrigerator.
I'll generally nuke it just enough to take off the chill. I'm mostly brewing nice fruity, fragrant African coffees this season. I can appreciate the flavors more fully at these lower temps. I'll often drink a bit of it cold because that's very refreshing, but I experience the complexity of it more when it's a bit warmer.
We lost our local Costa Coffee during the first few months of the Covid-19 crisis. I miss the espresso drinks, but I don't regret the time I spent learning how to make a properly delicious V60 brew.
My coffee roasting chops continue to improve, too.