Your WiFi Hotspot provider?

JavaJoe

Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
I want to set up free WiFi Internet access in my coffee shop. Who do you use to provide this service, if anyone? Do you just plug in a wireless router into your broadband connection and let everyone use it that can receive it, or do you use a service that restricts users by printing up temporary passwords, etc? Any names/websites of such companies would help a lot, along with what you are paying!

Thanks!

valcs

Mar 12, 2004
CA, USA
Visit site
yep

subscribe for net and install an access point and you go... just make sure that your neighbor is not using your service for his customers :grin: and if he does cut a deal with him :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

tlhamzy

May 30, 2004
Visit site
What if DSL not in my neighborhood?

Hi, what if DSL isn't available in your area? Is there another way to get WiFi in the coffee house? Also, I like the idea of free streaming music, do you just hookup computer speakers to the router? To a wireless laptop? I thought I knew about computers but the wireless is greek to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated....

Thanks! :)

valcs

Mar 12, 2004
CA, USA
Visit site
wireless

hi, it is not necessary to connect via dsl connection. any fast connection is good. you can think about a wireless like a magic box, which splits your existing connection via air. if you have a modem connection f.e 56kbs and you will have 5 customers using the internet, we are talking about the modem speed from 1980s. if you want to make your customers happy you need a fast connection. the speed of the connection you will need, also depends how big place you have and how many customers use their gizmos to play with the net.

btw how are you connected to the internet now?

tlhamzy

May 30, 2004
Visit site
thanks fellas!

I have DSL hree at home, but where I will be opening, SBC doesn't offer it, it's in the foothills just outside of their service area. I will try Comcast Broadband then, and see if they can provide a connection. Thanks for the explanation about how wireless works, very helpful! You two have a great day!!!!! :grin: